Why are parents so afriad to get thier children vaccinated?

when i was growing up i got all of my shots and i am fine. same with my sisters adn everyone else i know. now all of a sudden parents are against vaccinations. why? when i have a baby mine is getting vaccinated just like i did when i was a baby. i dont see any harm in it. im just wondering why most are against it. im not bashing or meaning to offend anyone either its just a simple question

bare121807

Asked by bare121807 at 2:17 AM on Apr. 26, 2009 in Health

• my daughter gets all of hers and it was never a question for me. some people just aren't sure about them b/c of mixed study results and they feel that the diseases aren't as prominent anymore so the chances of their child getting it are rare/or rarer than the side effects of the shots. my opinion on that, honestly, is that if we all stop giving the shots than they will come back and the reason they are non-existent is b/c of the shots.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 2:30 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• im not afraid to...my daughter gets all her shots regularly..i got mine growing up, and im just fine too!! lol
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 2:26 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• because for some reason they are saying the vaccinations are causing autism which is totally untrue!! i too am getting my boys vaccinated they dont need pollo
    Breezy1988

Answer by Breezy1988 at 2:31 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• thanks lol i was just asking bc i see so many that are against it. sometimes i wish i lived back in the "old" days lol where no one worried about anything and everything was simple. life was easier and care free i think.
    bare121807

Answer by bare121807 at 2:33 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• my only fear about the shots is that the diseases will become immune to the medicine and mutate into something far worse
    Breezy1988

Answer by Breezy1988 at 2:37 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• A lot have a higher death rate for the vaccine than the actual disease...Check out the group Educate Before You Vaccinate...I will not be vaccinating
    BethTTC

Answer by BethTTC at 2:47 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Beth, but are you going off just on what others have said about it, and what they say on what the facts are? or are you actually going off on what studies have shown and what doctors say, I love the site webmd thats where i go for all my medical questions and so far its worked for me (please dont think im attacking you or something, im just asking)
    Breezy1988

Answer by Breezy1988 at 2:53 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• yeah i like web md also its very helpful. in my opinion
    bare121807

Answer by bare121807 at 2:56 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• I looked off of the CDC studies...I have a hard time going off of what other people say too...I like to know for sure it's just not someone's opinion
    BethTTC

Answer by BethTTC at 3:20 AM on Apr. 26, 2009