parent that has passed

Do you find yourself doing things that that parent used to do?

My dad is passed, and when i scratch my face, I use my thumb, and I make a weird stretched out face (lol) thats what my dad used to do. I dont' do it on purpose. I just noticed that I do it.

I know we 'turn into our parents' but I just wanted to see if you take after someone more so?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:09 AM on Apr. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My mom died 8 1/2 years ago and the older I get the more I realize I sound just like her. Especially when I laugh. There will be times I'll be laughing really hard and it will hit me that it sounds just like her and it is kind of an eerie feeling. I haven't heard her laugh in so long I didn't even realize I remembered it.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:07 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Well, my parents are still here, but that's sweet that even just scratching your face makes you think of your dad. He must have been a wonderful man. God bless your heart!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 3:18 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Thank you.
    He was an amazing man. I can still feel him around me.

I miss him so much. . . .
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:21 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• my dad pointed out to me when I drink from a bottle (soda) that i stick out my pinky, I was watching him the other day and he does it too
    Breezy1988

Answer by Breezy1988 at 3:28 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• my mom once told me i smoke the same cigarettes that my grandma used to
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:35 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• I am very much like my dad, I am even developing the same opinions about life and of family members he had. I regret that I didn't fully appreciate him until I was like 27 and he died when I was 31. I spent my teens and most of my twenties being a selfish idiot. Now when I need him the most he is gone. This I know, he knows my regret and I know he feels the love I have for him and my son adores him, even though he's been gone since 2000.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 3:42 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Both of my parents are passed. I make a conscious effort NOT to do things like my mother. I don't miss her.

My dad, however...him I miss and I catch little glimpses of him in my daily life. My brother is a LOT like him!!!
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 6:41 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• My dad, i didn't really have much with him when he was still alive. He never really liked me anyway, though i found myself combing my sons' hair in my dad's style.
    yoshiki56

Answer by yoshiki56 at 9:31 AM on Apr. 26, 2009