craft ideas

hi all
I'm looking for ideas for my daughter(almost 2)I would appreciate any ideas/crafts that I'd be able to do with her indoor/outdoor.thanx in advance

greenmaniac

Asked by greenmaniac at 4:13 AM on Apr. 26, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my son and I collect pine cones and then paint then with acrylic paints. It is messy but we just set an old sheet down and help him, also coloring is good. You can do with both paints and crayons; hand prints and then make the hand print look like an animal of some sort! Make a kite then go fly it.
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 4:30 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• funny but true, if you give kids that age a big box, markers, construction paper, and a glue stick they will have a blast decorating the box
    :)
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 7:51 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• I agree with the other posters. My DD loves to just draw and color. She also likes to try and peel stickers off and put them all over her paper - or on me. lol

You should also check out www.notimeforflashcards.com It is a really awesome site! She posts new crafts and ideas all the time. My daughter (almost 2 as well) and I have found tons of fun ideas to do from that site.
    soldierswifey05

Answer by soldierswifey05 at 9:26 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• shaving cream!
    to control the mess i get a big baking sheet out & put some shaving cream on it & let her draw in it... sometimes i will put food coloring in it ... maybe put 2 colors on each end & have her mix them together to see what color they create...

play- dough ... you can get store kind or make your own at home (so its safe to eat)

string & large beads great for motor skills.

MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 9:59 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• make clay or playdough. paint pasta and put on strings. decorate a used oatmeal can, fill with beans or rice.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:28 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• We're discovering the marvels of sidewalk chalk (22 months)...
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 11:33 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• I cut out shapes, like a tree or a house, and let him put "snow" or "apples" on it (cotton balls or cherrios or some other cereal). We also play word games, big or small games... Oh, and another game is the Tong Game. I give him my kitchen tongs, and let him pick up toys from one bowl and put it in the other.
    Hendrix07

Answer by Hendrix07 at 1:28 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• side walk chalk!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 2:27 PM on Apr. 26, 2009