is it really hard to be a mom i never want to be a bad one i am afraid

my babys not here but i have worrys

mypaxton

Asked by mypaxton at 5:09 AM on Apr. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• no its so easy.. i thin it is personally. my daughter is really good. shes only 2 months but so far so good! just remember to stay calm happy and positive
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 5:11 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Thats a normal feeling and its perfectly ok to wonder if you will be a good one or not. Believe it ot not when the baby gets , it will be instinct. If you love your baby unconditionally and keep them safe, and nurture them then you are on your way. Don't ever feel that you need to be perfect, just be a good mom.If you ever meet anyone who says they are a perfect mom, don't believe them, no one is perfect.
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 5:13 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• It's totally ok to feel the way you're feeling. I think most first time moms feel that way! dont worry, it'll all come to you. Just do your best, all they want is your love.
    LoniRae89

Answer by LoniRae89 at 5:47 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• There will be times when you will get frustrated, just remember as LoniRae89 said, all they want is your love. Encourage your child as they grow, accepting them also for their little quirks is helpful.
    IRA871

Answer by IRA871 at 7:01 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• yes, it is hard to be a mom
    but the fact that you are concerned and dont want t obe a bad mom tells me you wont be
    congrats and good luck
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 7:45 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• yes, it is hard to be a mom. Though, your child will teach you because their smile and every little touch from them, you learn to be a better person.

yoshiki56

Answer by yoshiki56 at 9:10 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• HONEST ANSWER, the more kids you have the more your hormones go haywire!!!! I am 28 and have had 7 pregancies, 4 live births. I loose it and do not mean to. Also birth control can add hormonal imbalance so choose wisely(I use the mirena, iud). When you get frustrated take a deep breath and try a new approach. For about 2-4 weeks after birth you will be a mess. Snappy, easily hot tempered, cranky, up and down, and insecure about everything you're doing as a mom!!! There are times when its easy to get upset because you don't know why the baby won't stop crying. Do NOT be afraid to ask questions or look for help!!!! People don't know what's going on inside you an can not guess acurately just by looking at you!!!! NO ONE IS THE PERFECT MOM, WE ALL FALL SHORT SOMEWHERE, SOMETIME! Enjoy your little one and don't worry you will learn each other!!!!
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 9:16 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• that is exactly what i was doing, worrying about hwat kind of mother i will be, but my friend told me, just the fact that i'm worried, means that i will be a good mother.
    sherlockhlm

Answer by sherlockhlm at 1:33 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• It can be hard to be a MOM. It depends on what you mom was like and how much time you spent around babies and little children as you grew up. There is always something new to learn. The nurses in the hospital will show you how to hold, burp, nurse, dress and bathe your baby. Don't be afriad to ask questions. You can also ask if there is any parenting classes and what they cost. If you have a friend that you think is a good mom, ask her and don't be afriad to take notes. They will help you later. When you have a question, you can always write the answer.
    Go to the Library and check out a child and baby care book and make notes on what you want to know. Don't be afraid.You will get suppport from everyone who wants to see your baby.
    seasidegrandma

Answer by seasidegrandma at 5:35 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• NO, it's pretty easy just time consuming. It gets tough when they enter teenager area.....I have twins there right now and a lil boy knocking on the door.
    Gr8ful_4_Mercy

Answer by Gr8ful_4_Mercy at 5:41 PM on Apr. 28, 2009