are nursing pads what i need for this leaky breast of mine? help!

I am a nursing for the first time, one of my breast just keeps leaking, i've gone through so many washcloths already! and she is only 5 days old. I've pumped, and I just don't know where to shop, any ideas?

Mamacita2009

Asked by Mamacita2009 at 5:14 AM on Apr. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yeah breastpads.. thats what theyre for
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 5:16 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Breastpads are awesome for leaky boobs! I had to use them for about a whole month after I had my little girl. After you go through the first box, you probably won't need them anymore.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 5:35 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Lansinoah is the best brand. i dont know if i spelled that right. its in a purple box. gerber sucks.
    LoniRae89

Answer by LoniRae89 at 5:45 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• I agree with the previous poster! Lansinoh pads are the best!! The absorb the best and are less noticible in your bra than alot of other brands. You should find that after a few more weeks, your breasts are more "in tune" with how much milk your baby needs and make milk accordingly, causing you to leak less.
    alphabits2003

Answer by alphabits2003 at 6:19 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Cut up old flannel sheets and shirts work just as well, and aren't disposable.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:57 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• I liked Curity brand. The leaking should slow when your supply regulates, although you can still leak during let down.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:23 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• There are reuseable ( wash machine and dryer ), or one time use one. They both work fine! I had the same leaking proble too.
    yoshiki56

Answer by yoshiki56 at 9:08 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Lansinoh work gret. Get them at target. Gerber sucks!
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 10:50 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• I use Medela cotton reusable breast pads. My DD is 6 months and I STILL use them. I don't leak as much now, but I still leak. I'm allergic to something in the disposables.
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 11:00 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Stop pumping and breastfeed exclusively or you will continue to have too much milk and leak a lot! Make sure you let baby nurse as long as he/she likes on the first side before offering the second.
    It is normal to have a lot of milk and leak lots when the milk comes in in the first week. Now your body needs to "learn" how much milk to make, and if you keep pumping, you will tell it to make too much. It is normal to still leak some later on (some moms tend to leak a lot while others never leak a drop) but if you have an oversupply of milk you are more likely to have excessive leaking.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 1:55 PM on Apr. 26, 2009