Cake for 7 year old

We are going to do my daughters first birthday and my step daughters 7th birthday party together this year. I plan on doing a Mickey Mouse cupcake tower for my daughter as well as a small mickey mouse "smash cake" for her. I want to do a small cake for my step daughter as well so she has one of her own as well to blow her candles out on. She wants princess theme so I have been looking for ideas but can't really find anything I am in love with for her. I want something small like the size of my daughters smash cake and I was thinking of doing a small square decorated like a pillow and place a crown on top. Any other ideas???

kellylmasi

Asked by kellylmasi at 7:58 AM on Apr. 26, 2009 in Holidays

• That sounds nice. Maybe if there is a good bakery store near you, you could request something princess type cake?
    IRA871

Answer by IRA871 at 8:01 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• You can bake a sheet cake (let me know if you would like a recipe), cover it with pink frosting, and some little princess toys, like crowns.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:09 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• I think your idea would be cute. You could also do a square cake and decorate it like a small castle
    valerie0103

Answer by valerie0103 at 7:35 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• You can bake a cake in a bowl and stick a small barbie in it...making the cake the dress. I have seen them at he store and they are cute!! they have them in the mini version.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:35 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• My neice had the coolest cake. It wasn't very big and most grocery stores can make these. Its kind of hard to explain but its a dome shaped cake with a princess doll in the middle so that it looks like that cake part is the dolls skirt. Her mom made it for her (she is not very crafty and said it was actually very easy) heres the site she got the info from. Her mom used her Cinderella doll and did a cinderella cake. It was a HUGE hit! http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Barbie-Doll-Cake/Detail.aspx
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 12:34 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• We made a castle cake one year. It was pretty easy to do. We just used a regular rectangle cake pan, then used icecream cones (the flat ones) to make the watchtowers and the pointed cones to make the towers to fly flags from. Otherwise, I'd say just ask your stepdaughter what she wants.
    sparrowprincess

Answer by sparrowprincess at 10:23 PM on Apr. 30, 2009