Ever have a cyst? How do you take care of them?!

Ok so I have a cyst and its ....visible from the outside. I just found it yesterday I called my midwife she said that I need to put hot compresses on it till it (gag) ruptures on its own. ew ewew. anyway Has anyone ever had one of these? its umm...its....on my labia. Its freakin me out.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:32 AM on Apr. 26, 2009 in Health

• yes, I have had them many many times and they have gotten to the point on me where they have gotten as big as baseballs! they are called bartholins glands cysts. however, sometimes they don't rupture on there own (mine don't) and I have to go and have them lanced and a drainage tube put in them. you can do sitz baths too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:35 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• I have cystic acne and so I have and still get many of them on my body and face. I have never been able to get them to do anything on their own so I always lance and drain them myself while they are still small.
    I use a needle, squeeze to get everything out which includes pushing out straight blood for a little while. Clean it with alcohol then and every few hours and sometimes use neosporin. I have been doing this for years though. If you arent sure about doing it yourself then go talk to a doc who can do it for you.
    Anonymous

• Melaleuca oil works well on cysts. A friend of mine used it on her Sceriosis too. I'd try it before lancing, dear God! It worked great for me and is pretty inexpensive so I also use it in my bath, and its in a lotion called Renew that helps, and I clean with it. It's awesome as a natural healer in the home. It's many uses are also explained in the Wellness Book which I read almost every week for some malady or another. Drop me a note to let me know if you want to try it.
    Prayers and blessings for great health~Kate
    IncomeCoach

Answer by IncomeCoach at 2:10 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• on your ovaries? yes
    Anonymous