how can i keep a ferret out of my plants?

i have a big floor plant in my house. and my ferret keeps getting into it and scratching all the soil out of it. and i'm scared it's going ot kill my plant that i got from my brother's funneral. how can i get it to stop???

mommaseyes

Asked by mommaseyes at 8:40 AM on Apr. 26, 2009 in Pets

• Leave it in a cage. Or put up some type of plastic covering over the plant. I know they have soil covers that you can use or make one yourself. If its a fake one then remove the soil and put rocks in it or something. If its real then use the plastic covering and it will keep it out of the soil
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 9:12 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• LOL, moth balls? Or maybe black pepper sprinkled around the plant?
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 10:34 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• How about not owning a damn ferret?
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 12:15 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• How about not owning a damn ferret?

That's not very helpful and it would be cruel to keep the ferret in the cage all the time. What I would do is put the plant in a room that has a door and don't let the ferret in that room. Sorry that's the best I could think of.
    angelachristine

Answer by angelachristine at 2:18 PM on Apr. 26, 2009