Do you believe there real names are God and Jesus?

Did you know God is just a title and there are many gods? Shouldnt you call him by his name Yahweh? Just like us as mothers we have names! Yahweh would be his name and God is his title! Also, did you know Jesus is of Greek origin? Yahshua(Jesus) was born Hebrew, so there for his name could have never really been Jesus!
Note that Joshua = Yoshua or Yahushua because there is no "J" sound in Hebrew. The letter "J" is only about 500 years old and isn't even found in the original 1611 King James version.

*Encyclopedia Americana:
"Jesus Christ--- ...Although Matthew (1:21) interprets the name originally Joshua, that is, 'Yahweh is Salvation,' and finds it specially appropriate for Jesus of Nazareth, it was a common one at that time." (Vol.16, p. 41)

Encyclopedia Britannica (15th ed.)
"Jesus Christ---...The same is true of the name Jesus. In the Septuagint it is the customary Greek form for the common Hebrew name

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:03 AM on Apr. 26, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• No I don't believe those are their real names...however I don't see how that's very important. They know our hearts and know who we're talking to when we say "God" or "Jesus".
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:06 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Here's the problem...Christians do not believe in multiple Gods which is why God is called as such.  In their belief he is the one and only.

anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 9:14 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• yes anetrnlov, we do see that our God is the only god
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:56 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• No, I don't believe those are their names.
    I already know Jesus was really Yoshua.
    I don't believe God has a specific name at all.
    hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 9:57 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• The most common question I hear among those that I share the truth of the name is "Doesn't Yahweh know who I'm talking to? Why does it matter what I call Him, He answers me anyway?" *I believe that it is true. Yahweh does and will answer prayer and accept praise from those who have no knowledge of His true name. But what about those who DO know but don't care?
    Psal 44:20 (NKJV) If we had forgotten the name of our Elohim,
    Or stretched out our hands to a foreign god,
    21 Would not Elohim search this out?
    For He knows the secrets of the heart.What does Yahweh really want us to do on this issue? Continue to call Him whatever we want? Or to call Him by the name He has assigned to Himself? *I do not think there is anything wrong with calling Yahweh our Father, Master, Creator, etc. which are all fitting titles. http://www.eliyah.com/name.html
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:04 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• No , i dnt believe that is there real names but that is the english translation. Obvoiusly english wasnt around then. And they know who we mean when we pray. God knows the hearts of men and he knows who in our hearts we are praying to
    chani631

Answer by chani631 at 10:13 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Thanx for your opinion, but did you know you are wrong? There is only one God, not many. And Jesus and God both have many names.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:30 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Did you know that Yahweh wasn't even a name? When "God" answered 'Yahweh' when asked his name, it meant, "I am who I am."
    Anonymous

• I think the Divine(whichever God/Goddess you honor) is too big for a name. Names are only for our assistance.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 1:14 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• I usually will say "YHWH/Yahweh" and occasionally the anglicized "Jehovah" (God being a title that can apply to others) - in the past I referred to Him as HaShem (The Name) or El Shaddai...in mixed company I will refer to Jesus as Jesus, just for convenience of communication, but when I was a practicing Christian I called Him Yeshua because honoring the name he was given was more important to me.
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 1:27 AM on Apr. 27, 2009