My due date was yesterday and still no baby, what's the deal?

We've tried walking and having sex. Any other other suggestions? Anyone please!

LittleKMABF

Asked by LittleKMABF at 9:41 AM on Apr. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It is hard to wait for the big day, but baby will come when he/she is ready. Ask to have your membranes stripped if you make it to your next OB appt. That works wonders for some people.

Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 9:43 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• my midwife told me that since it's my first baby that they won't strip my membranes for me because it could break my water and if labor doesn't progress right that I'll end up having a C-section
    LittleKMABF

Answer by LittleKMABF at 9:47 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• your baby may just not be ready yet.
    BUT if you think he or she is, try having sex. you have to orgasm or it's kinda pointless bc thats what can actually throw u into labor.
    Good luck!
    gabenmikeysmom

Answer by gabenmikeysmom at 9:47 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• my first baby was late, I remember those days!!! Just think back to 9 months ago when you had so much time to go through!!!! I'm not sure about stripping your membranes. You're really not even late yet at this point. I found sitting in a rocking chair soothing to m e when I was late. The rocking motion took my mind off my excitement and aches and it was more comfortable than sitting on a hard chair or standing. Maybe try that. You're almost there!! Congratulations!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:52 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• thats odd that your midwife said that. they broke my water for me. if labor doesnt progress right, yes it is POSSIBLE you could end up with a c-section, but its the same thing with natural labor. you can ask to be induced. or you can ask to have your membranes stripped even though your midwife said they wont, it wont hurt to ask right? they can give you pitocin(SP?) and other things to help labor progress before having to do a c-section, btw. i think you should still ask about it if you want to have the baby already!!! i know i would!! =]
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 9:52 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• They could've been off a bit on the due date? I wouldn't worry too much until you're like a week late.
    Nunyabiznes

Answer by Nunyabiznes at 9:53 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• A due date is a guess. It's based on when they "think" you conceived. Unless you are like me and know the day that you got pregnant they have to base it on your last period. Which could be wrong. Then you need to remember that each pregnancy and baby is different. If you baby is not finished you won't go in to labor. Usually it's within 2 weeks of the due date. Don't try to hurry that. Doing so can cause problems with the baby. The GI track is one of the last things to form and it's waits til just the last moment to finish. In fact most children's don't finish until after birth. Which is a large part of the reason you shouldn't give them food or cereal until they are at least 4 months old. But when babies are born to early it slows the growth/formation of this part of the body and causes issues like colic and food sensitivity. Both are very painful to the baby...

Don't rush it, he'll come when he's ready!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:53 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• BTW... Both of my kids were late. I made the mistake of inducing only a few days after my due date with the baby... HE has had so many little belly problems. My oldest was 14 days late. And I think the little one would have been too... He just wasn't ready yet.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:57 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• My first baby was 17 days "late". We weren't 100% positive on the date though, we were going by the u/s date - which was obviously wrong! If baby's not ready, baby's not going to make labor start. Due date doesn't mean that's the day baby's coming. Be patient, wait, and try some accupressure - one thing that helped my last baby come, my chiropractor did it and it helped labor start.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:10 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• have your doc to strip your membranes, that worked for me, mine came a week early!! But most of the time first time moms carry longer!!!
    JessByrd

Answer by JessByrd at 10:32 AM on Apr. 26, 2009