Age?

What age should a baby be sitting up on there own? walking?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:57 AM on Apr. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• every baby is different. but my son sat up on his own around five months. and was walking before ten, but after nine months. cruise crawling around 6 months or so.
    =]
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 10:07 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Every baby is different. The best book on developmental milestones is Touchpoints; you should be able to get it at your local library or from the mother and child educator at your hospital: www.touchpoints.org

Answer by rkoloms at 10:20 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• my son sat up right around 6 months and hes 7 months now and pulling up on everything and walking along stuff but not walking yet.
    masonsmommy921

Answer by masonsmommy921 at 10:37 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• my daughter sat on her own at 7 months, walked at 12 months 2 days. my son sat on his own at 5 1/2 months, he has just taken his first steps 2 days ago at 9 1/2 months. they are both 'normal' ages to fo those things.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 11:37 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Its in the "what to expect the first year" book. It actually tells at the begining of each chapter, which are set by months, what your child needs to be doing, should be doing, might be doing, and the "there is a slim chance but your child COULD be doing this" I think that is the best way to do it. I have never worried about it because as long as she is doing the "needs to be doing" stuff then that means she isnt behind and all children develop at their own lvl so being behind is the only thing you need to worry about
    HunnysFarAway

Answer by HunnysFarAway at 12:00 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• my daughter has a problem with frustration... she is almost 3 months and is already trying to sit up. i think that if they want to do something help them. if your baby doesnt want to then dont force baby. all children learn at different ages. this does not mean he/she is slower/faster than others. if you hav concerns bring them up with baby's ped.

Always
    ~Syl~
    Fae-Lee
    F43L34

Answer by F43L34 at 2:27 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Well my daughter is 5months and trying to sit up on her own but im not sure if the weight has to do with it becuase she's only 13lbs.... Should i be worried she is not sitting up yet

my son started sitting up at 4months and walking at 1yr. . and now he's 2

Anonymous