Are these names too odd?

I like the following names for my twin boys but everyone tells me they are too odd, what do you think
Draegan Leroy
and
Loki James

lilmamaof209

Asked by lilmamaof209 at 10:02 AM on Apr. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i think they are unique. not odd. but i personally dont like them and wouldnt use them. nothing WRONG with them. thats just not my style i guess?
    =]
    congrats on the boys =]
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 10:05 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• CONGRATULATIONS MOMMY!!! Hubby is a twin, exciting times coming!!! The first name could lead to him being called Dragon by kids just be aware of that. Kids though can be mean for any reason, a name won't necessarsily stop it. Maybe Drake leroy? That second first name is kinda growing on me. Loki how is that pronounced - Lohkeye or Lohkey? What about Luke James?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:12 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• i like both of the first names but james doesnt really fit. the other names are so unique and james isnt. if its a family name then it makes sense but besides that id go for another unique name to go with loki. Oh and btw dont listen to people and their choices on names..they are your kids your the one thats goign to be calling then so you pick the names you think are best for them.
    masonsmommy921

Answer by masonsmommy921 at 10:34 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• I'm unenthusiastic about Draegan. You are using Loki because he was what... the Norse god of war maybe? Some god anyway, this is a cool idea. How would Loki as a boy's name go across with his schoolmates?

Answer by Bmat at 10:48 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• they are unique and it isnt what others like it is wat you like the name i picked for my daughter
    Love_My_Lil_One

Answer by Love_My_Lil_One at 11:17 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• These are like the names my husband suggested for our baby.. His were a little more odd and very hard to say.. At least for me..LOL I told him if I couldn't pronouce our child's name, then we needed a new name.. Not that yours are like that..
    All I can think of when I hear Loki is Dogma the movie.. I have to say that I kind of like Draegan though but it shouldn't matter what I think. You need to like the names and no one else but try to keep in mind what might happen when they enter school..
    Halsmommy

Answer by Halsmommy at 11:34 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• I really hope you're kidding.
    Anonymous

• They are too odd for my taste but I don't think they are that off the wall. Congrats!
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 12:42 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• just curious, how would you pronounce draegon? like DRAGON the mythical creature? or DRAY- GUN/GIN? either way, I think draegon and loki are beautiful names! very unique!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 12:55 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Very Unique. If you like them that's all that matters
    Yellowrose9

Answer by Yellowrose9 at 1:29 PM on Apr. 26, 2009