How long did you wait to tell family and close friends you were pregnant???

Just found out yesterday that I'm 3 to 4 weeks. Im super excited and still shocked!!!!!!!!! Did you wait to tell or shared the good new right away?????

BLoNdIe121679

Asked by BLoNdIe121679 at 10:09 AM on Apr. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My husband and I were trying to conceive for almost 3 years, so when we found out we were pregnant, it was really hard to keep it a secret. We told our family only hours after we found out! Its truly your choice, but its such a wonderful feeling knowing how many other people in your family will be so excited about your pregnany as well. I say, Go for it! =)
    mami2b1014

Answer by mami2b1014 at 10:20 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• To my family, it wasn't good news. I told close friends fairly soon after I found out, but I waited until someone in my family commented to my mom about me looking "rounder" (which she called me griping about, and the first thing she asked was when I was going to "hatch" lol) to tell them. I was about 5 months, I think. My family wasn't supportive at all. I was 18, hadn't been married more than three months before I got pregnant, and I was in college. I ended up having to drop out because I was too sick to go to classes and risked failing if I didn't withdraw. It was awful. My family isn't very nice or close, though. My friends were supportive, though, thankfully.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 10:21 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• i waited to tell. i JUST told my mom a couple days ago and im 20 weeks lol
    but it depends on you and your family.
    if you want to tell them now, then go for it!
    most wait till second trimester though because miscarriages are most likely in the first trimester
    good luck and CONGRATS!!!!!!!
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 10:30 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• I told my people at 10 weeks.
    I wanted to wait until it was too far ( in my opinion Cause she already had a heartbeat ) To get a abortion So my family couldn't pull the I think you should get an abortion card on me.

Bc my baby is not wanted cause she mix.
    ( well my bfs side of the family already loves her, but my side well...it's a bit more complicated.)
    babymomma4

Answer by babymomma4 at 10:30 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• My boyfriend and I found out when I was about 5 wks. The day we found out I wanted to shout from the mountain tops!!! But we narrowed it down to only telling those who would be supportive and excited for us, and our other good friends and family we waited till our first ultra sound, knowing that when they saw an image they'd be a lot more excited right along with us. Its really up to you to who you want to share the good news with and if you end up telling more then you planned dont stress most people should be excited and happy to hear the news :)
    AmyOmommy

Answer by AmyOmommy at 10:32 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• The first time, we waited until we had ultrasound pics, and that's how we told everyone.

Second time, about two minutes after we found out. It wasn't great news.
    SarahColbert

Answer by SarahColbert at 10:42 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• I told at 3 months, I figured it was past the time of most mc's. These days I'd probably have told them much sooner. :)

Answer by Bmat at 10:50 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• I waited to tell most because I had 3 early miscarriages. Really close friends I'm around all the time I told because they would be the ones I would need for support if I miscarried. friends I am close to but aren't around all the time I waited about till the end of the first trimester. Family found out in the second trimester. Most of them are out of state so why make them wait so long for the baby to be born?

babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 11:00 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• I started telling people the moment the little pink line started to appear on the pregnancy test. It took us two years so we were super excited!
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 11:15 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• we told lmy baby's dad that night and i waited to tell my mom the next night because i was kind of scared
    Love_My_Lil_One

Answer by Love_My_Lil_One at 11:18 AM on Apr. 26, 2009