Is it me?

Ok so me and me bf have been together for almost 3 yrs now and have a beautiful BD together. His family just started comming around after daughter was born. I have tried to put forth effort to be nice and friendly and to get along with them but no matter what i do they afe always saying crap about me and being horriable to me. Making up stuff i did when i simpily did nothing wrong. (seen his sis walking and didnt stop and have a long convo w/her, but did try to stop so she could see my dd) And yet all they say is im a huge lier and that all i do is treat them like crap. I dont know what to do anymore it is causing big problems between me and my bf. He says i have no right to treat them this way but i dont know how to prove to him that i liked them just fime and didnt do theese things. So since he dont know who to belive he just tells his mom that "she can treat me like crap when ever he dont care n-e-more" ???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:18 AM on Apr. 26, 2009 in Relationships

• honestly, i would just continue being nice. show him that you ARE nice to them. if it is REALLY getting between you two, and you eventually break up, maybe he doesn't love you as much as you may think. I dont know though, because I'm not there, but thats my opinion. =]
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 10:23 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• I thought I already answered this one but for some reason it's not showing up. My answer was that he must not love you very much to allow someone to treat you badly.
    I'd invite them over so he can see firsthand how they treat you if you want to stay in the relationship. Me personally, I wouldn't stay with someone that let his family treat me bad but it sounds like the women are causing problems on purpose to break you up.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 10:32 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Is he not there when you are around them? Does he not see what is going on? If he can't support you, and they keep it up, just don't be around them. If they want to see your daughter, her father can take her to see them.
    Buffie95

Answer by Buffie95 at 10:38 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• I have learned that you cannot control what people think. In the past I have had his family members judge me. When they came over they said I did not want them there. Even though I did every thing to be a good hostess. When I would be quiet and try not to offend anyone then I was being stuck up. When I was talkative then I offended some one and he would make me apologize to them for something i did not even mean. I learned that they already had prejudged me and was going to think what they wanted to anyway, so just do what you do. It is not you it is them.
    my2kids312

Answer by my2kids312 at 10:40 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• It's not you. There are people like that. Decide if you are satisfied with your boyfriend's treatment of you. If you are, then continue being nice, and hope that sometime when both he and they are around that they slip up and treat you wrong and he sees it. But still, make sure you are willing to stay with someone who doesn't seem to be treating you with much love and respect.

Answer by Bmat at 10:46 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• me n mines dont go to eachothers family becasue of that. his family has crap to talk and mines has crap to say bout him too. so we just let them talk they crap b/c me n him were fighting and it was all b/c our families. i know its family but sometimes u gotta drop and ignore them to be on good terms and be happy with ur own family which is ur kid(s) and ur man
    lydiamama

Answer by lydiamama at 1:45 PM on Apr. 26, 2009