What one resource can I make dh read before he forces me to vax?

Because of the "wonderful" prospect of hysteria over the new swine flu that's been discovered, dh is talking about vaxing our 7 month old dd (supposedly vaxed kids are safer, but where he read this I don't know...and vaxed against what exactly?!) Anyway, does anyone have a one favorite resource that easily explains how vaccines work (bypass normal route of resistance) and how the resulting autoimmune bombardment is harmful? I don't know the resources and I'm running out of time to do an exhaustive search. I know there was a correlation between a certain span of several years with an increase of vaxes and an increase in autoimmune disorders. Does anyone have links to these? I am desperate to get him to not automatically jump to dragging her in to vax. We have Dr. Sears' book, but we need to read it first.
Please NO comments other than an answer to my question.

Minasmom1

Asked by Minasmom1 at 10:49 AM on Apr. 26, 2009 in Kids' Health

• Well vaxing right now will only make her immune system WEAKER while it fights what she is being vaxed for off and develops antibodies to that so in essence you will be making her MORE open to get the swine flu.

Raising a Healthy child Despite your Doctor is a good book and the other one What your doctor might not tell you about vaccines is pretty good. Make it clear to him that once you put the vax in you can't take it back out so it is best to wait until you have made an informed decision.

My first was on a delayed schedule and had a terrible reaction to DTaP and per DOCTORS urigng we no longer vax him and have chosen to not vax our next child at all. They are extremely healthy and as long as they eat a well balanced diet then I do not fear any disease including swine flu.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:27 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• How are vacced kids safer? They don't even vaccinate for swine flu?! Your husband is paranoid.

http://www.vaclib.org/links/vaxlinks.htm
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 10:54 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• How are vacced kids safer?

The same way vaccinated animals are safer. Glad my child's vaccinated. Never realized there were so many out there that didn't vax. What do you do when the kid goes to sign up for school not being vaccinated?

But i don't think there's a vax for the swine flu either, at least not that I've heard of from the news.
    Nunyabiznes

Answer by Nunyabiznes at 11:01 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Nunya. Vaxed children are NOT safer for the swine flu going around? Please tell me that you do not believe that the vaccines, that have NOTHING to do with swine flu will somehow make your child immune to the flu? LOL.

Every state has an exemption form for schools.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 11:12 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• What Your doctor may not tell you about childhood vaccinations. That may not be the exact title, I have this book but I can't get it at the moment. It helped to convince my husband. Good luck!

How dumb, vaxed kids can't be safer against something they aren't vaxed for. Sounds like a push to get more people vaxing. That's sad.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 11:38 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Has your husband been vaccinated for swine flu?
    We chose to vax. First vax after first birthday. One shot per visit. Single dose, preservative free vaccines. Read the insert before allowing the shot to be given.
    You cannot base your decision on a single source! You need to read all sides of the arguments and draw your own conclusions. If we all got our news from Fox, John McCain would be president. If we all got our news from Air America, Al Gore would have had enough votes to avoid the selection by the Supreme Court.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:19 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• There is NO vacc for the swine flu. The flu going around is a combination of bird, swine and human flu. Also, even if you could get a flu vaccine at this late date, it takes 2 weeks to become effective after the vaccine.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 2:18 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• OK, I'm the OP. Can't update my question. Um, he is under the impression that vaccination in general (I know SF can't be vaxed against) will help us out. Since that is what he thinks, he has suddenly started pushing for vax, and I want him to "hold his horses" until we spend more time researching. THEN if we decide to vax or choose to selectively vax, we will do it. Basically I want to get more research to make him have pause about vaxing so that he's in not so much of a rush. I don't have enough info about avxing in general, and I don't want him to start vaxing in a knee jerk fashion, does that make sense?
    Minasmom1

Answer by Minasmom1 at 4:44 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Actually they have a vax for the swine flu. Anyone ever read and watch the news? It's called tamiflu. You can delay your vax if you like but IMO it better to be safe than sorry.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:46 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Any resource you get from her is going to be biased anyway. You both need to talk to the pedi and get pros and cons. Everyone is going to have their own opinion and think they are a DR.  A Dr. isn't going to make you vax your child or misinform you like some folks will make you believe. Also go to the CDC web site. They will let you know everything about a vax and what is in it.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:49 AM on Apr. 27, 2009