does anyone have a school age kid that still pees their pants

paulazach

Asked by paulazach at 6:24 PM on Jun. 20, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I'm not going to be ashamed to say, I did for a long time. My bed too, it took a long time for that to go away and it used to be embarrassing, because I would try so hard not to. I remember it just stopped though, on its own. There were a bunch of different reasons, but perhaps you should take him by a child psychologist, make sure there is no stress or anything. Usually it's all psychological. Hope it helps!
    NomadSara

Answer by NomadSara at 6:31 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Oh, yes. I went through the stage of being furious. I felt manipulated. Then came the understanding stage when I said nothing and just got up in the middle of the night, changed her bed and went back to bed. Her pediatrician says there is nothing wrong with her after multiple tests. She is 12, and still wets when she is sleeping over somewhere, when we are hiking, or when we are on vacation. Know what? She's healthy and as long as she's healthy, I just buy the Depends for those occasions (not for every day) and don't worry about it. There comes a point when you have to take care of your own sanity.
    LeftBrainy

Answer by LeftBrainy at 6:31 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• YES my 5 & 9 yr. olds both wet the bed. I am tired of spending $ on the pull ups and now I make the kids wear them a 2nd night if they were dry the night before. I notice they do wet the bed more when Daddy is in one of his bad moods. This may be emotional stress for the kids.
    Anonymous

• My 9 yr old boy does. He has a small bladder and his treatment is to drink more water. Sounds strange I know. But if he doesn't get enough water he will wet his pants and or the bed. First I would see his/her peds to make sure nothing physical then try different things. We do no caffeine after 3 pm and water all day long. With this he hasn't had any accidents.
    LadybugD

Answer by LadybugD at 7:48 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• my 6 1/2 year old still wets the bed and has the occassional accident. he also has really bad night sweats. we decided it would be best for him to be put on the desmopressin. its .2mg and it is working wonders for all of the above issues. his issue was that no matter how much we restricted his liquid intake, he was still wetting the bed. his body was not producing enough of the chemical that tells your body to hold the urine at night. our pediatrician said that this is usually the issue with older bedwetters. this pill may be helpful for your children as well. good luck, and remain patient. the best way to deal with it is to not make a big deal out of it. you dont want them to be embarrassed by it.
    mommybutterfly

Answer by mommybutterfly at 10:42 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• YES HELP my 9 1/2 yr old boy bed wets uggg frusteratingtried lots of ideas DR s say use bedwetting alarm but we live in apartments HELP pls msg me
    ouromnifamily

Answer by ouromnifamily at 1:57 AM on Jun. 21, 2008

• I know this sounds weird but try taking him/her to a chiropractor. My chiropractor treats kids for bedwetting with gentle adjustments.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 8:11 AM on Jun. 21, 2008

• Yes, my daughter is 6 1/2 and she pees the bed nearly every night, and usually wets her pants at least once during the day. I need help. I am to the point that I cant take anymore. I too feel very manipulated, as she will pee her pants when she doesnt get her way. If anyone has help, let me know! (Kmcasada@verizo.net)
    megan732

Answer by megan732 at 1:14 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• I have to agree with the poster who said to take him to a chiropractor. I work for a chiropractor and we treat kids all the time for bedwetting and have great success. It also helps with accidents during the day. I think it's a better alternative than sleep alarms or meds that you doctor may put your child on because chiropractics is all natural.
    my2girls2003

Answer by my2girls2003 at 7:30 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• no but just had SD over for longer period..she wouldnt say she had to go and guess what? Well #2 probs...but never really got her to go more often the next day..IF she has a UTI bet the mom is cluelesss...i am so over trying to be a good stepmom and then dh yelling at me...well if he was home more..lets just say he is lucky i have a brain..or I'd just take off w/ my dd and not give a crap what happened to sd!!
    carisa

Answer by carisa at 11:09 AM on Jul. 4, 2008