Im 18 weeks pregnant

What can i take for a yeast infection or what can i do. Besides going to the doctor. Any advice out there on this subject.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on Apr. 26, 2009 in Health

• I don't think you can, at least not without talking to your doc (maybe you could just give them a call and speak with a nurse). All yeast infection drugs that I know of say not for pregnant women.
    Nunyabiznes

Answer by Nunyabiznes at 11:04 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Call your doctor. They would either give you a call in prescription or tell you what to buy over the counter. :) Otherwise, till then, you can sit in bath water with white vinegar. It can sting just a bit at first if you have been scratching or rubbing the area with a wash cloth, but vinegar cuts the discharge and changes the ph which is good. Then there are otc items with anti itch meds in it that soothe.

Years ago, I was moving, had my period, a yeast infection (it was spring time and I was sweating like a pig), AND b/c I was on my feet for days without sitting down, lifting heavy furniture &standing so much, got hemmoriods!! Talk about a panty problem!!! LOL OMG, I thot I was going to die. I found myself running to the bathroom, running a few inches of cool water w/ white vinegar & sitting for just a few moments to get some relief. Remember that moisture from sweating will make this worse, so try to get air.
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 11:09 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• tampon soaked in vinegar for less than 2 minutes. cleared me right up. it does sting a bit though.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:18 AM on Apr. 26, 2009