"They're trying to take my marriage from me"?

I have seen this statement posted countless times in this section when anyone mentions gay marriage. My question is with thousands of gays being officially married now (including my Mother and her partner of 26 years), is your marriage any less strong? Has anyone come and taken away your marriage yet? Has it actually effected your marriage AT ALL, in your eyes or even your god's eyes?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:14 AM on Apr. 26, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Congratulations to your mom!!
    kimberleee382

Answer by kimberleee382 at 2:42 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I agree with you completely.

Jekissa

Answer by Jekissa at 11:22 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Im straight. married. the only reason we really got married is because of all the "paper work" like insurance, taxes, ect..... Its a much easier world to live in when your partner is legally connected to you. I think that is what may upset alot of people... So much can go wrong if your not legally married..
    (if i wasnt married, i wouldnt have insurance- im a sahm & depend on my dhs insurance. what would happen if I got in a major accident!)
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 11:24 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Nope. It doesn't affect my marriage in the least. I like being married so much, I think more people should be able to experience marriage.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 11:26 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Which is what I've said all along, the whole basis of gay marriage is because of the legal paperwork so someone can be covered under medical insurance. It had nothing to do with rights or everlasting love when it all started, it had to do with high medical costs and too much month left over at the end of the money.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 11:26 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• It's not about how it affects my own personal marriage....duh. It's about the slippery slope this sends us down. Now I know I am going to get all the crazies saying I am comparing gays to pedophiles and animal sex people (can't think of the term right this sec.) when I am NOT. BUT if you start rewriting this line then you come to the polygamists....should THEY be able to have THEIR civil liberties? Or do they NOT get a pass b/c it's their religion that dictates and religion is the evil thing now? And they aren't the only ones. EVERYONE who wants to marry any one (or anything) will equate it to "civil liberties".

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

I think it's about different things for different people, just like hedero marriage.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:29 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• I agree. Marriage is not about who you marry but about the bond you share with someone. Regardless of shape, color, sexuality or religion. We all have our own moral code and in the end we are all morally wrong for judging others. If they take away gay marriage they should take away biracial marriage as well. Hell why not take away marriage for those who are not a certain age. Why is it that marriage is the biggest problem in the world right now because someone marries within the same sex???? What about all the soldiers coming home with PTSD and being ignored, what about all the soldiers who keep deploying to defend our freedom and our rights to choose what we do in our life and they give us the freedom to love whom we want as well. No one cares about the millions of homeless children and adults or sick children who need food they rather waste energy on trying to control who someone can or cant marry.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 11:29 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

Talk about "duh". Animals are not consenting adults, neither are children so your argument is total bs. Got anything else? Just hate?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:31 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Hedero? You mean like Juan Hedero, the latin flamenco dancer? He has a marriage up for debate?
    I had no idea he had issues. Poor guy, he was a cutie.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 11:32 AM on Apr. 26, 2009