what to do when i get so aggravated

my boyfriend gets on my nerves from time to time and pisses me off.i know im not suppose to stress because im 5 months pregnant.what caxn i do to calm down because im one of those people ill hold a grudge if i feel a certain type of way.so again what can i do to relax myself and just stop being aggravated i feel like i cant get mad cuz it affects the baby, like i just gotta let it go no matter how big the problem is.

Desi2Sweet

Asked by Desi2Sweet at 11:36 AM on Apr. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• if SO and I get into it, which is rare, but it happens....we stay in separate rooms for a few minutes to breathe, and collect our thoughts. sometimes SO takes a breather and works on his car or lawnmower, and I usually clean the house. it's a great way to motivate me lol. thats all it takes though. after a while we talk about whatever it was again and it's all good. sometimes we forget about it and move on, but usually end up bringing the matter back up just to clarify why it was argued about in the first place and most of the time realize how silly it was to argue about it. I tend to hold grudges too, but found it to be healthier to just talk about it instead of hold back the emotion. holding it in will only suppress the feelings and build it up!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 12:45 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• You need to talk to him about what's bothering you, 1st and foremost. To calm down, do some deep breathing.
    Juniper53098

Answer by Juniper53098 at 11:37 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Walk away. Go for a drive, take a shower, clean, breathe. As our marriage counselor says wait 15 minutes and then talk, if your still mad go away for 30 and then talk. If you start to fight say OK I am done with this for now. We need to calm down and give it a time frame and make sure you go back. Don't let anger and fights consume you. If your misunderstanding him then ask him what he meant by repeating what he said and how you took it. Like if he says wow, this is really getting old. Instead of going off on oh its the relationship so leave or whatever ask him what is getting old and talk it out.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 11:40 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• First of all just remember that your hormones are in overdrive right now. I'm not normally a super emotional person but when I was preggos with my son I was super emotional. I remember my husband walking through the door after work one day, setting his shoes by the door and throwing his belt on the couch. I burst out in tears yelling at him about how I worked so hard to keep the house clean and he could care less by just throwing his things down. He had no clue what to think but he got up put his things away and gave me a hug and just kind of laughed. He said he understood that those outbursts weren't me, it was my hormones going crazy but he was so understanding whenever I had them which made me feel like he really cared no matter how silly I sounded. I don't think guys understand sometimes the affect that pregnancy has on a woman, talk to him and whenever you start to feel irritated take a little time out.
    Mommy0425

Answer by Mommy0425 at 12:49 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• i definitely find that walking away is the way to deal with it.. I mean as long as it's stupid stuff....If he's doing something terrible it needs to be dealt with of course! But if you are just bickering and arguing about dumb stuff at least leave the room or go for a drive without him....take time to cool off....
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 2:04 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• warm bubble bath, relax your mind and body and breathe!
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 2:06 PM on Apr. 26, 2009