Same question asked a few days ago, by someone else, but...

Would you let your first child be in the room with you, while in labor or delivering?
I personally have mixed feelings about it. It would definitely depend on how old the child was, the maturity of the child, among other things....
What do you ladies think???

mommykayti

Asked by mommykayti at 11:46 AM on Apr. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Oh, and not FIRST child, but a previous child of yours is what i mean.....
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 11:46 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• I think it is going to be different for everyone. I would let my 7 year old if that is what she wanted but it would be completely up to her.
    Mudfishzgirl

Answer by Mudfishzgirl at 11:47 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Yes. All my kids(except my 8 year old who fell asleep) saw my youngest born. My youngest was 2 then and it didn't scare him or bother him at all.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 11:50 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• lol too many mixed emotions !*
    kylesboo

Answer by kylesboo at 11:51 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Some and most hospitals wont allow any one under 12. So its up to the hospital policy Its because what if you needed and emergancy C section or the baby needed to be rushed for care because of something going wrong. No child needs to see that..As soon as the baby is born have your family member rush you LO in..

ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 11:55 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Depends on the level of maturity and understanding. My kids had no desire to be in there when I had their brother, and I don't think I wanted them in the room, but my niece saw my 10 yr olds birth when she was 9. She was fascinated by it and really wanted to witness it, so I let her. When it was over, she announced that she changed her mind about having a bunch of kids to only having one! lol
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 11:58 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• I'm definitely NOT thinking about it. My son is only three and I don't think I want him in there. I was just seeing what others had to say. Thanks for that info though ryanlynn. I might need it in the future!! =]
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 11:59 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• drowninginboys.... thats hilarious. i bet she'll wait longer to have kids too huh?!?! haha.. good story, thanks
    mommykayti

• Don't have to worry about it, I'm not having anymore.. As for other people, it's none of my business..
    4x4mum

Answer by 4x4mum at 12:01 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• No, cause I am a raging bitch when I am in labor and I don't want anyone around me. I would rather do it alone.
    peppermintmocha

Answer by peppermintmocha at 12:13 PM on Apr. 26, 2009