Anyone else think is is totally ridiculous that congress is now trying to ban REPTILES BIRDS RODENTS AND FISH?

IM SERIUOS! Hr669!
http://www.nohr669.com/index.htm
I own 3 reptiles and this pisses me off!

JrsMommy07

Asked by JrsMommy07 at 12:02 PM on Apr. 26, 2009 in Pets

• I don't think thats true! why would they? Doesn't make any sense!
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 12:06 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Thats the dumbest thing i ever here from where are they banning this ?
    hush84

Answer by hush84 at 12:09 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• If that does acure it will start a shit load of problems i dont see that getting very far
    hush84

Answer by hush84 at 12:11 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• You know why they're doing this, don't you? Because of stuff like this
    http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2005/10/1028_051028_pythons.html

There's always someone that ruins it for everyone else. I'm not saying that I agree with the bill as this bill really won't help the existing problem. But I can see why they are considering it. Irresponsible pet owners ruining it for us all. Hopefully someone will come up with a better idea.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 12:11 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• It's because of ecological impact due to poor pet owners not handling the animals properly. In Florida, Animal Control is having to deal with an exploding wild iguana population, which is disturbing the ecology of the Everglades. Certain breeds of parrots can and will kill off native birds. An alarming number of deaths have been attributed to both non-native snakes and insects escaping from their owners. It's a really serious issue.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 12:14 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Wow, I really hope this isn't true!
    SamanthaAgain

Answer by SamanthaAgain at 12:14 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• It doesn't surprise me one bit. It's all about more gov't control.
    momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 12:20 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• It's stupid! I don't have pets, but if I did I'd have a snake, a few rats to create snake food and fish... That's what I used to have. I'm not a dog and cat person...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:28 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• I get that pythons can attack humans but ferrets and guinea pigs and stuff those are not threats
    hush84

Answer by hush84 at 12:29 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Holy cow, I had no idea something like this was even proposed, this is incredibly stupid, we already face a sinking economy and now we're talking about killing pet store businesses which would cause many of them to go under :-( We used to have a couple hamsters, but they died of old age and although we're looking at getting more in the future we're waiting before running out and getting new ones so the kids and husband has had time to 'heal' from their loss and can enjoy the new addition. I hope this doesn't pass, the domino effect would be horrendous.

Knightquester

Answer by Knightquester at 12:42 PM on Apr. 26, 2009