free criminal checks

I was adopted when I was 8, and I don't really remember my bio-mom at all. I know she went to jail, I remember being really small, at least I think I was , and she was being put into a police car. Then my bio-dad came and picked me up and drove me to where he was living, in another state w/ new woman . I found him on Criminal Check.com , and he is a very bad man, which I knew already.
Anyway, does anyone know of an absolutely free site that you don't have to register and pay a one-time fee to get information on a convicted felon? I know, why on earth would I want to know about them? I can't explain it, but they are a part of my history... Thanks!
ps didn't really know where to put this question, but this one sure is a poplular category.

izyandchrismomi

Asked by izyandchrismomi at 12:29 PM on Apr. 26, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• have you tried the county courthouse criminal records? Most have them online now

Answer by admckenzie at 12:32 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Your sociol worker(sociol Serv) should have that history or at least the last known events .but as far as a free site done know
    hush84

Answer by hush84 at 12:32 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Criminal records are public records. I live in NC and the DOC has a website set up to search anyone with a criminal history. I'd google something like "DOC offender search" for your state...good luck.

momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 12:37 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• try www.publicdata.com
    hush84

Answer by hush84 at 12:39 PM on Apr. 26, 2009