8 months old question

Hello, my baby is 8 months old (adjustment age 6 months 1/2) and my question is about how he looks the ceiling....sometimes, (no all the times) he looks the ceiling, the ceiling fun, and aldo the lights, he looks for about 20 or 30 seconds and then come back to see othe thing, but the come back to see the ceiling...also yesterday, we went for a stroller ride and it was a big flag on top of the building, and i stopped for feding him, and he started look the flag, the around, and come back to the flag...I do not know if this is normal or not/....please help me..thank you so much

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:33 PM on Apr. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• probably just checking out his surroundings. babies are learning every day and they are curious about EVERYTHING. dont worry, it sounds pretty normal.
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 12:37 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• it seems very normal to me.... hes just curious as to what hes looking at. if you want to help him out a little, figure out, or try to figure out, what hes looking at and tell him what it is. if its reachable, bring it down to his level and tell him what it is, let him touch it and feel it and notice what it is, what it does, and things like that. it will help out his motor skills too!! =]
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 12:43 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• It's just something that catches his attention. My son is attracted to ANYTHING with a pattern. Color or not. My ceiling is white but has like this swirly texture into it, and he stares at it and gets so excited and will stay staring for like 10-20 minutes.
    KareemsMami

Answer by KareemsMami at 12:55 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Very normal. It is great that he is showing curiosity about his surrounding. Make sure that you spend a lot of time talking to time and explaining what he is looking at.

Answer by rkoloms at 1:44 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• my daughter does the same thing. also she love smiling at the corners of rooms. i just let her and she always looks back at my face. she is always turning her head really fast just to see whats going on all over the place. it is just curiosity. nothing to worry about. you may also have a very patriotic son ^.^ Have fun and enjoy!

F43L34

Answer by F43L34 at 2:03 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• yep my dd is 8 months and EVERYTHING grabs her attention.....
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 4:17 PM on Apr. 26, 2009