have to write a children's book for a class

I have to write a lil book for children( anywhere from toddlers to like middle school age) for a class for college and im completely blanking.. i am normally a great writer and dont normally have a problem, but its the end of the semester and my brain is fried, on top of being 4 months pregnant.. lol.. anybody have any ideas... i cant copy anything thats been published already though.. help please???

cqjg61508

Asked by cqjg61508 at 1:29 PM on Apr. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• hmmm write about some cute animal and a yummy treat
    have you ever heard of when u give a mouse a cookie?
    you can't go wrong
    kids love both=]

orrr you could do it about some cute character finding a destination and meets friends and experiences fun and exciting things on the trip there
    sort of like dora the explorer=]
    hope this helps!
    ashleyanderic

Answer by ashleyanderic at 1:34 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Write a book about pregnancy for a child who is going to have a new baby brother or sister. You could write about how "mommy is feeling each day",  explain pregnancy to a child, things to buy & how the sibling could help choose items, what a big brother or sister can do that a baby can't. Basically write a book to help the sibling prepare for a new baby.  Good luck!  Maybe you could even publish it.

CloverE

Answer by CloverE at 1:36 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• My daughter loves good night books... it shouldn't be too hard to write. How long does it have to be??
    pamelajqs

Answer by pamelajqs at 1:52 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• as long as i want it to be.. the teacher never specified.. and we also have to illustrate it, whether it be on our own or w/ help or even w/ clip art from the computer..
    cqjg61508

Answer by cqjg61508 at 1:53 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• I love writing children's stories...I wish I could actually get someone to care though... Anyway, back to the point, I like to write about my son and the funny things he does, his little quirks, then I exaggerate them. For instance when my son was about 2 he was always saying that he was awesome or great, so I wrote a story about how his teacher would tell him good job and he would so no awesome and how I would say to him you are so good and he would say no I'm the best! See if you can baby sit a child around the age of 3-4 and just watch them. I hope that helps you. It always does me,.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:59 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• I wrote one about my grandson's "adventure" in the living room. He was about 15 months old and was discovering how to climb the "mountain" ( couch) to view out into the world through the picture window. He would crawl into his "cave" (the space under the coffee table.) and through the "tunnel" behind the couch (between couch and wall. Kids see things far more differently than we do. Just get in the floor and use your imagination. I wrote the story but have not published it yet so you are welcome to use the ideas in your book if you want. Each room can be a new adventure which leaves room for sequels !!!!!

Answer by admckenzie at 2:04 PM on Apr. 26, 2009