Gospel of Thomas

Has anyone read it?

It's pretty interesting. Here are just a few passages:

(10) Jesus said, "I have cast fire upon the world, and see, I am guarding it until it blazes."

(16) Jesus said, "Men think, perhaps, that it is peace which I have come to cast upon the world. They do not know that it is dissension which I have come to cast upon the earth: fire, sword, and war.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:32 PM on Apr. 26, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• They are definitely doing that now.

Anonymous

• Not in the Bible, doesn't truly exist. Sorry, try again.
    Anonymous

• lol, it DOES exist. And just because it was left out of the bible doesn't make it false. Sorry, try again :)
    Anonymous

• (62) Jesus said, "It is to those who are worthy of my mysteries that I tell my mysteries. Do not let your left (hand) know what your right (hand) is doing."
    Anonymous

• (113) His disciples said to him, "When will the kingdom come?"
    "It will not come by waiting for it. It will not be a matter of saying 'here it is' or 'there it is.' Rather, the kingdom of the father is spread out upon the earth, and men do not see it."
    Anonymous

• Why and how did this writting become a "gospel"
    Anonymous

• It was titled a gospel, just like the other gospels. There is also a Gospel of Mary, and a Gospel of Judas, to name just a couple. I think in all we have found approx. 30 gospels that were excluded from the bible.
    They were left out of the bible for a few reasons...some of them being that the church authorities felt they were probably too complicated for the common man to understand, and they were thought to contain Gnostic principles, which the church authorities feared. The Gospel of Mary was left out not only for those reasons, but also because Mary was a woman...
    Anonymous

• Gospel is derived from the Greek word euaggelion and means "good news." The genre of gospels include the four canonical books of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John as well as some extrabiblical gospels written in the second century.
    Anonymous

• see, even if if they are called gospels it doesn't make them Biblical.
    Anonymous

• Who said they were biblical? Biblical implies they are in the bible. They aren't. Men decided they wouldn't be.

Anonymous