In response of "For those who are not christian but once were"

Within the realm of Christianity, what is the purpose of humanity? Why are we here in the physical realm, to further the pawn of souls between heaven and hell? And if so, why do we consider God as all sovereign and all knowing?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:55 PM on Apr. 26, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• simply.... we were created to worship Him. Just not everyone knows why they were created to worship.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 1:58 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• So, God is vain and we are only here to feed his ego?
    Anonymous

• Why does God need to be worshiped?
    Anonymous

• When I was in church, I got tired of feeling like a pawn that was just made to sit around and make god feel good about himself. So, know that I have changed my beliefs, I believe we are all here to learn lessons that will help further our spirits on the other side (at home).
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 2:11 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• I refuse to believe I was born simply to worship some God and to feed his ego. Who wants to be a tool? I don't...
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 2:42 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• i believe its all about the love. i believe God created us because He wants to love each and every one of us and have a relationship with us.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 3:12 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• This is God!!!! (As thunder rolls)

My angels are scared of me. Looks what happened to Lucifer after he went intelligent. Now Lucifer has outsmarted me because I can't exist without him. After all, what is divinity without evil? (As God scratches his history of the innocents of children of Sodom and Gomorrah)

You love me, humans, don't you? You better say you do, or else you will go to hell! But you still love me don't you?
    Anonymous

• lol, anon.
    Anonymous

• simply.... we were created to worship Him.

If I weren't already an Atheist, this statement would have done it! 

beeky

Answer by beeky at 4:25 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• No. I believe God had made us for the same reason we have children. To love and nurture us, and to watch how we grow, and also to be here for us as the heavenly Father that he truly is. For the good and the bad,and when we do this we help him shine in all his glory.He wants all of us to have a relationship with him as a child does with their parents. For his is the ultimate parent of us all.

Like a child we are to turn to him when we are happy and try to please him with our actions.Like a child he wants us to turn to him when times are hard and we fall and need help. Like a parent he loves us unconditionally,and will never give up on us no matter what.Like a parent he gives us the choice to turn to him in all matters.Like a parent he will discipline us when we need it any way he see's fit.His plans for us are never to hurt us,but to teach us important things that we must know to become the people we are meant to be.

PJ! PG!
    mo2a27

Answer by mo2a27 at 4:53 PM on Apr. 26, 2009