How to start over, when I started so young?

Im 22 w/a 2 y/o son. I finally ended a relationship after 4 1/2 yrs. I never dreamed of being in this position as a single mom. I want to move on but I feel if I find someone else marry them& raise my son under a roof w/a man other than his father, Im a bad mom. I just can't get over that feeling. Also, I can't help feel like less than by having kids by two different men. I wasn't done building my family and I do want to get married but under the standards I'm trying to live up to its impossible. No offense to those who live that lifestyle, Both my mom and grandma had kids by 2different mom, I still respect them & my grandmother had 10 kids when she left my grandfather &got with my step-grandfather (don't know how else to describe him) & they had 2kids together& he raised her other 10kids as his own. Also recognizing my son&I, But I don't want to repeat that same legacy. How do I move on & begin to live my life again?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:59 PM on Apr. 26, 2009 in Relationships

• You might start by not putting limitations on your life. Just enjoy life and see what happens. It's not that hard to move on. Just concentrate on being a great "you" and a great mom. The other stuff will take care of itself.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:12 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• i am now 30 but at the age of 17 i met my ex and was involved in the relationship for almost 13 years and we had 4 beautiful children together. well it ended and i thought id never meet no one or i also did not want another man around my children or a female around them either.... sorry but life just doesnt happen like that. i left a bad relationship and i met someone who is wonderful... and we are having a child together i dont feel bad for moving on and being happy and neither should you. try a dating site to have friends to talk to with no expectations plentyoffish.com is wonderful. give it a try.
    pregnantagain07

Answer by pregnantagain07 at 2:55 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• If you do find someone else to share you and your sons life then be sure he will be good to your son,if you allow him to be physically and or mentally hurtful to your son then yes you would be a bad mom,we all have to make choices in life and you have the control to find a good man to help raise your son as his own
    Anonymous

• You have to play the hand you've been dealt. You can't bash yourself. Just admire yourself for being the best mom you can be.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 8:15 PM on Apr. 26, 2009