what would you do?

i want to get a tattoo and my hubby doesnt want me to. i already have 4 and have told him for months that i was going to get it when i have enough $. he took me to the tattoo shop & i set an appt & gave a $100 non-refundable deposit.. then when we got home, all of a sudden he disagrees with me getting tattoos. it turned into a big fight. would you still get it or would you give in? what do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:23 PM on Apr. 26, 2009 in Relationships

• Me being who I am would do it SIMPLY for the fact that you put down $ you can't get back!!! Now from a relationship standpoint; try picking one he likes and won't fuss over every time he sees it! But if you really want the tatt you chose then try getting him to express what he's against about it, I mean you have 4 what's 1 more??? It sounds like to me you don't have the $ to just throw away so remind him of the fact he was with you when you picked it out and set up the appointment and was cool with putting down the deposit, but not too matter of factly, gently say it. Or even offer him something in exchange: Baby, look I really want this tatt, we put the $ down on it so let me get it and I won't put up a fuss when you get what you've been wanting for a while(within reason of course), and see where it gets you!!! Hope his was helpful!!!
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 2:38 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• you bet ur sweet ass i would get one! i mean you already gave 100 bucks that u can't get back! just tell him u are gettin this one and don't get anymore maybe?
    busymamma503

Answer by busymamma503 at 2:27 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• What is the tattoo & where? Why is he so opposed?

CloverE

Answer by CloverE at 2:30 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• its supposed to be a dragon & tiger on my upper back. it symbolizes me and him because in the chinese zodiac, i'm born in the year of the dragon & he was born year of the tiger. i also love it because it's supposed to be a yin/yang type thing.. & we balance each other.. i think he wants me to get it done by a female but there aren't any good female artists where i live.
    Anonymous