the sun

My daughter is 11 months old and I just went to take her outside ... It is really hot though and the sun is so bright. Even with sunscreen on is she alright ? It just seemed way to hot to have a baby in .... am I just being paranoid ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:47 PM on Apr. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• As long as you follow some basic rules about the sun you should be fine. 1. Always Always Always wear sunscreen! Put it on about 20 minutes before you go outside. 2. Make sure she is staying hydrated. 3. I always here that between 10 and 2 the sun is at its hottest so I would say don't go out then.

Anything else you want to know ask. I live in FL and burn horribly if I'm not careful. My DD however has never had a sunburn.
    Mudfishzgirl

Answer by Mudfishzgirl at 3:09 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Not only sunscreen, but also a hat and sunglasses (you too, mom). Drink lots of water.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:22 PM on Apr. 26, 2009