Fathers Day???

I know its early but for all the women out there that have been down this road already... What is the perfect father's day gift for a first time father???

JaYsMoMmY09

Asked by JaYsMoMmY09 at 2:48 PM on Apr. 26, 2009 in Holidays

• My favorite thing I have gotten for my hubby was a hand painted mug. I love going to the paint your own pottery places and making things with my daughter's hand print. If you paint the hand three different colors (one on the fingers, on in the middle, one on the palm) and put it thumb down, you can make a super cute fish. I made my hubby a soup mug this way and he uses it as a regular cup because he likes it soo much. Here is a pic of what the fish sort of look like.
    http://farm1.static.flickr.com/151/422761296_68519fc83b.jpg?v=0
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 2:53 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• A great photo of Dad and Baby, in a nice frame. You can even go digital.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:10 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• I got DS and DH matching shirts one said "my daddy is my hero" and the other "im my kids hero" When he say DS in it he smiled then when he saw his he cried a little.
    EarthMama05

Answer by EarthMama05 at 3:10 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• www.personalizationmall.com has very cool personalized gifts. I sell Avon too and we have lots of cool stuff about to come out for Father's Day in about two weeks if you want to check it out too www.youravon.com/dhullum :)
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 12:22 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• At the craft stores they sell kits where you can make a paving stone or hanging tile with your child's handprint in it. We do one every single year for each of my husband's three boys and are building a walkway out of them. We decorate the edges with rocks and use weather-proof paints to decorate them. They're always SO proud of them and seeing their hand/footprints change every year is very cool!
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 12:45 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• i have no idea! my ideas have bombed--one year, i got him a sterling silver photo holder/key chain with engraving- "#1 Daddy''..it was ''too sharp on the edges to wear in his pocket comfortably, so he put it away. last year, i had my son (@ the time, 3yo) paint his handprints on a t-shirt..it was lightweight, and intended for use (my hub is a runner, and won't run w/o a tshirt)..perfect, right? no..he said he didn't want to ruin it, by using it..so he put that away, as well.
    this year, i'm asking my son what he thinks he should get for his daddy..whatever he says, that's what he gets. even if its from toysrus.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 8:47 AM on May. 1, 2009

• rkoloms
    A great photo of Dad and Baby, in a nice frame
    *****
    What she said! Maybe with a nice poem included...?
    beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 8:31 PM on May. 1, 2009