soo hurt, what would you think? would you say anything or just keep shut...

Yesterday my s/o and I went to help my older sister moved and while my s/o went to grab us lunch she proceeded to tell me that there is a "bet" going amongst some family as to how long my s/o and I will "last" after our daughter is born, she says within 6 months I will be " packing myself up and my baby and leaving" or " kicking his ass to the curb" . I don't anticipate this happening AT ALL and I feel hurt that she's say that or even "Bet" on this kind of thing.I mean sure my s/o and I have differences of opinions, and we argue like any other couple , but it would take a HELL of a lot more than that to cause me to leave him.My question is, should i just leave this be? ( I've already told her I don't think it's gonna happen so "someone's gonna lose some money"), or should i be outraged ? She wouldn't tell me who the others are involved in this bet and im not even sure if there is a bet or if this is just what she thinks.

AshleyRoseG

Asked by AshleyRoseG at 2:55 PM on Apr. 26, 2009 in Relationships

• cont..
    This is really bothering me ladies, what do you think should be done or said? what would you do in this situation ?
    AshleyRoseG

Answer by AshleyRoseG at 2:55 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Ignore them and worry about you, your child and your SO. Who cares what the bet is. When the loose it then the joke is on them. They are unhappy in their lives and misery loves company.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 2:59 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• If it's REALLY bothering you, then I'd tell them that this is something that you find to be very hurtful. Express your feelings about the topic and that's it. After that, just don't think about it anymore. You know where you and your man stand. Don't worry about what everyone else is thinking or saying.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 3:06 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• I agree, and I suspect there is no actual bet. They may have been sitting around and talking and the subject came up- not sure if they had see you arguing as you say you do- or what- but some eyes may have rolled and they commented and then moved on to another subject. Anyway, move on with your life being the best person you can be and don't give them the satisfaction, even if they remember the conversation, which they probably won't. And it was very unkind of your sister to even mention it, very wrong of her.

Answer by Bmat at 3:07 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Ignore them, but also take what they are saying as a warning. Relationships sometimes become very difficult to maintain after having a baby. It doesn't matter how much you agree on how to raise kids, once all the stress and the hormones get thrown into the mix, you just very well may feel like leaving because youre not happy. If that does happen, my advice is to give it a few days before you do or say anything you havent had time to figure out if you really mean. Keep communication lines open!! Don't hold back from saying what you feel, just make sure you say it in a nice way. As for your family...just stand by your man and prove them wrong!!
    Anonymous

• they dont see or hear us arguing, we live 30 mins away by city bus...
    and we don't ARGUE , argue lol we mostly dissagree
    AshleyRoseG

Answer by AshleyRoseG at 3:10 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• My family had the same bet for my dh and I. We have been married for 10 wonderful years. Tell them to F-off!
    You really should tell the to butt out and what they are doing is ruining your relationship with them.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 3:15 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Tell them to get a life. Tell them that is very negative thinking and not supportive at all. some people are so negative it makes me sick. tell them it would be more helpful to you and your family if they could be supportive and hope for the best . Some people are so SICK in the head...Just let them be an example of how you do not want to be.
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 3:15 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Let it go. They obviously have nothing else to do in their life.

Answer by admckenzie at 3:17 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• The best revenge is to be happy. Not sure it ever happened, but I wouldn't be surprised if someone had bet against me and my husband as well. We've known each other and been friends for years, but he got me out of my abusive first marriage and married me and took on my three kids. We'll be married two years in June, and we keep getting closer and closer.

Concentrate on your marriage, family, and happiness. If they want to bet, just smile and be happy. They'll shut up after a while!
    rhope4

Answer by rhope4 at 3:26 PM on Apr. 26, 2009