Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Trying to get a divorce.... need advice...And some help about CPS... help( long)

Ok, Im 19, with 2 boys , age 1 and 7 months, I love my kids so much, The guy i married was super nice to my 1st son ( not his ) untill after we got married, he started being mean to him, and spanking him , we had huge fights about , well i had his son, then he was just up right out of controle, screaming at my 1 year old, ( in his face) , and 1 day i got home from work , ( i worked nights ) And we had a fight and my 1st son woke up and he screamed at him, well i changed him and seen a huge bruse on his butt and i asked the guy i married, and he said he had spanked him and he known he did it to hard, and he was sorry, Wel that night i kicked him out, my kids come 1st and theres no reason for any1 to bruse a child.,, well 2 or 3 months had passed and i got a boyfriend. but i need gas money so i called him( the guy i married and asked for 20$ he came and pulled a gun out, shot the gun in the house with my kids in the room. not

Answer Question

Asked by sweet_poison333 at 3:05 PM on Apr. 26, 2009 in Relationships

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (15)
  • Um first off if weapons are involved and he shot it in the house you need the police called so they can get the bullet to match it with his gun. Secondly take pictures of the bruises for cps and call them. Contact the court for an emergency no contact order so he can not come around. You need more than cps and all they can do is take the kids from you so he can not hurt them if violence and guns are involved.

    Answer by brailynsmama08 at 3:08 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

  • You need to get away from this guy. First of all, your first son is NOT HIS and therefore he should not EVER lay a hand on him regardless. That is not his place. I have a son and my SO would NEVER spank him no matter what. There are boundaries. Second of all, if can't keep control enough to know how hard he's "spanking" a child, he shouldn't be doing it in the first place. Now, as far as the gun issue, this man is clearly unstable and if he's willing to do this at all, let alone with children in the house, red flags should go up immediately. He is VERY dangerous. Get a divorce and get away from this man. And, if you need money for gas or whatever, ask your family or the new boyfriend.

    Answer by TheDiva320 at 3:10 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

  • even 10 feet away from him, Now that im trying to get a divorce CPS is investgeting and the divorece att, said al that he had done wrong, wont even amount To what im doing now, CUZ im with another guy.. It was been 7 months now, and i am living with my boyfriend,, along with my kids, He is helping us and he loves my kids, and think of them as his own, Even his family loves my kids and thinks of them as there own family and grandkids.. The divorce ATT said CPS could take my kids cuz im with someone elss... I need to know if they really would, and why , Any Advice . Thank you for reading and answering

    Answer by sweet_poison333 at 3:10 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

  • Sorry i am slow at typing..

    Answer by sweet_poison333 at 3:12 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

  • That's crap honey. They cannot take your kids because you're with someone else. Is this YOUR lawyer? If so, fire the ass and get a new one. If this is hubby's lawyer, then it's classic scare the crap out of you technique. But there is NO WAY anyone can take your kids because you've moved on and met someone new. And, truth is, what you are doing is living your life. What he's done is physically harm the children as well as fired a gun in the home (which some can call "attempted murder, battery or assault" and is serious! Carries prison time, if it's bad enough.

    Answer by TheDiva320 at 3:13 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

  • Now me and my boyfriend are trying to find a house , away from here and away from the town that we live in, But i have to wait untill i get the divorce, and do you think the courts would allow The guy i married to see his child at all?

    Answer by sweet_poison333 at 3:13 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

  • He is my lawyer and its at a legal aid , becuz i dont have enough money to pay for a divorce,, and the guy i married said he wasnt going to pay anything

    Answer by sweet_poison333 at 3:15 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

  • I wouldn't think that it is recommended that you are living w/ someone else until your divorced, that my not look too good on your part. But I don't see that as to any reason that cps would take your kids away from you. Stick to it and get away from this crazy a$$. best of luck to you.

    Answer by Tiffany237 at 3:15 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

  • Thakn you ,, And i forgot to add, All My neighbors said after i left to go to work they would see cars over and him out side with some guys smokeing and they could smell weed in the air.

    Answer by sweet_poison333 at 3:18 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

  • I lived with another man til my divorce went through, and my ex TRIED to set me up with cps. I have three kids, and cps didn't think twice about my then-boyfriend now-husband. Once they knew the full situation, they looked at it as a good thing that I found someone who was good to the kids and me.

    PM me if you need support. That's bs what you're going through.

    Answer by rhope4 at 3:20 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.