What is the best way to deal with backstabbers?

When people talk behind back and aren't quite understanding the truth. My side of the story is never heard and if it is not believed. There are a few in my family and 2 or 3 outside of my family. What is the best way, polite way to tell them to either back off? My ex told my parent's that he feels as though he is dealing with two kids and not just one(meaning me and my son), things don't go the way he wants and son gets in trouble, it seems as though I am the one to blame. I am so tired of this crap!!! Dadisn't around for him as much as I am, son hates his dad, do fun things with him, dad is out to date women( all he lives for is sex) Duh, isn't his suppossed to be more important? My answer..You are darn right-ex needs to get his act together. Son lives with him.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:23 PM on Apr. 26, 2009 in General Parenting

• They will always be backstabbers. You defending yourself or anything is a waste of time. (This coming from experience.) Don't give it a second thought. First of all, he's your ex, so who cares what he thinks. Who cares what anyone thinks? They are who they are, you can dwell on it and let it get to you or you can walk away from it and not deal with it.

Please clarify, you guys had this son together? And your son is living with the ex? But he's not around for him as much as you are? I'm confused.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 3:27 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• You need focus on being the best parent that you can be, and the best you that you can be. It doesn't matter what others think about you, only what you think about yourself.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:28 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Well if he has your son then there must be some truth to what he is saying. I am not agreeing with him that your bad or he is telling the truth but it had to be founded by someone he is a better fit for a parent. Stop giving them a reason to talk about you. Leave the drama and avoid it. If he is starting it walk away and don't respond. People will always think what they want no matter what and the more you defend yourself the guiltier you look to most people
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 3:28 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• His dad works till 7, so him and son eat together, watch t.v one hour in evening during week. On the weekends, son spends time mostly outdoors with his friends and maybe goes riding motorcycle with his dad. Son says they don't do much together, he does things with his uncle and he comes over to my house by his bike and we go play B-ball, go to a movie, go play tennis or something a few days a week. I guess it is not fair me downing the dad, but at times he isn't around.
    Anonymous

• You can always get the best of a backstabber when you ignore them. As far as family, make sure you and your hubby/SO are always in agreement in front of other relatives. If they can see you are both on opposite sides of one another then they will find ways to fuel the fire.

banging head into wall

RMASAdmin

Answer by RMASAdmin at 8:52 PM on Apr. 26, 2009