• In the Spotlight:

for mommies who have had c-sections....do you ever feel like.....

...people give you grief about having a c-section??? I see posts on here all the time, where people will be asking questions about having c-sections, and people are replying like "why are you having a c-section?" "why are you having unnecessary surgery and risking yours and your babie's lives?" "why don't you try a VBAC?" It just kind of makes me mad, people who have never even had a c-section, are criticizing people who do. I mean, if you have a sincere medical reason for needing one, then I don't see why people should make you feel like shit about having one. Sorry, just needed to vent a little. I've seen a lot of posts like this lately.

sarahbell811

Asked by sarahbell811 at 3:42 PM on Apr. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I have a vaginal birth and regardless of how a baby comes out its still a birth and all things happen for a reason. Sometimes a C-section is the safest way for mother and child and other times its a doctors decision or a repeat c-section as a VBAC is even more risky. Tell them to get over it because one way or another your still a mother and had to do all the things we did even though the baby came from a cut and not your vagina.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 3:44 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Certain moms use to make me feel that way but then I just started ignoring them. I mean, I would rather have my child be born safe and have to listen to certain moms who know it all, than to risk my son's (or future children) life just to "please' them on what they think they know.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 3:45 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• I get peeved about this too. I had a c-section with my first. It wasn't intentional, but was an emergency. Beyond my control. A lot of people really should sit down and weigh out the pros and cons of a VBAC anyway. My OB will NOT do a VBAC under ANY circumstances due to the risks being too high to be worth it. I think a lot of people need to do their research before suggesting that. Also, I think a lot of people (and my mother actually said this to me) think that having a c-section is the easy way out and it doesn't "count" as giving birth. PFFT! WHATEVER! LOL
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 3:46 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• I see this and it have began to ignore it. I had a section w/ my son, and am 33 w/ my second and planning on another section. I don't ever hear anything about it from people around me, only on here. I don't understand why, its none of their business. Worry about yourself and your own birthing plan that you choose.
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 3:49 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• My son would have died without one WTF is wrong with people.
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 3:55 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• I noticed that a lot of people who have issues with another woman having a Section are insecure about themselves and are trying to find a way to confirm themselves as a good parent. (Did that make sense? Kind of a run on sentence)
    The others are just really annoying know-it-alls and who wants to talk to them anyway? ;)
    AndrisMom

Answer by AndrisMom at 4:30 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• I don't see why it matters... if emegency comes up it saves the baby or babies life. I do have a question..... below people are saying VBAC? What's that? I'm newly pregnant and is this a term I should be assiocated with...please explain.

~heather tilton~
    heathertilton08

Answer by heathertilton08 at 4:51 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• VBAC is short for a vaginal birth after cesarean :)
    sarahbell811

Answer by sarahbell811 at 5:05 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• I agree! Idealy everyone should be able to give biirth traditionly however we all know that this isnt always the case, medicaly. Personaly I know that there is a good chance that I ill end up with a scheduled c-section. M son is already measuring large and I am tiny. my husband and his brother both came out at nearly tn pounds and my hips wont allow for our son to pass through them if he is the same. Would I risk his life trying to make him fit? HELL NO! I would just suck up the fact that they may have to cut him out for his own good> No one should judge another mother for making the best choice that she and her doctor agree on for her child!
    KJ_on

Answer by KJ_on at 5:13 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• I had pre-eclampsia,thats why I had one so yes I agree with you,what the hells the diff if the baby comes out our stomachs or our vagina..Just think of this positive answer when you get critized====your hole is tighter when having a c-section rather than loose the other way:]:]:]:].My hubby likes mine tight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you go girl:]:]
    Anonymous