How many?

How many of you has had their father leave their mother for another woman? How is your relationship with this other woman? How is your relationship with your father? Does he feel bad what he did to the family?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:43 PM on Apr. 26, 2009 in Relationships

• When I was nine my dad ran off with his secretary and my mother had a nervous breakdown and tried to commit suicide. this was 1969. Now both of my parents have been married 3X each and so have I. i am finally able to have a good relationship with mother and father and husband # 3. Been married 13 years but man it was a tough time for me just about all my life. People do not realize the affect divorce has on their families. It was all so confusing but it helps if people are able to communicate honestly. I envy people who had stable family life.
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 3:49 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• My dad left my mom for her sister after 22 years of marriage. He actually didn't leave he packed my 5 sisters stuff and my moms stuff and left it with the guard at the front gate of our estate. He got full custody of my 4 brothers they later begged to live with us and my dad booted them out. They had a prenup and my mom got squat. The courts never made him pay but he was the doctor to all the judges and attornies in our town. We lived in a small little rental. My mom worked and went to school. She was able to sell all her jewelery the one thing she did get to keep. She now is a dentist.

My dad and my aunt are divorced she was tossed out on her rearend after 16 years of marriage with nothing. He kept their three boys and she has not seen them since. Her children from another marriage and her two daughters with him are living in gov housing. I don't feel sorry for her.

Cont.
    Anonymous

• Cont.

Karma wins on this one. My dad has terminal cancer and only a few weeks left to live. His current twat of the day left him and he is all alone. His three boys with my aunts all have power of attorney over him and are spending his money like crazy. I was going to visit him but figured why bother. I have my 6 million dollar trust coming whether I visit him or not. He cared nothing for me the past 20 years I care nothing for him now. Karma is a big ole female dog. The other woman will get what is coming too eventually. My mom is living in a mansion with her wonderful husband whom I call dad now. He is a neurosurgeon and she has her successful practice. Both are healthy, happy and content. My mom said the best revenge was to live well. She is getting the last laugh.

People who cheat are slime and should be treated as such. My aunt has no family her own kids hate her now. 

Anonymous

• To the Anon... the reason you should bother is to give him the chance to apologize to you. You don't realize it now but you're going to need closure whether you like him or not. If I wanted nothign to do with him, I'd want nothing to do with his money, that's just who I am. I'd donate it to women that can't afford to pay for good lawyers in divorces or something to help keep someone else from doing a woman the way he did your mother, or something really good but I couldn't keep the money with a clear conscience. If it'd make you feel better, go say F you one more time, but I'd go and atleast say goodbye and I hope you find peace with what he's done to your family.
    My Dad left my Mom for another woman, but it was before I was born... I had problems with my Dad but it wasn't because of that.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 4:17 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• There are two sides to every story. Anger usually blinds people to the second side. Just keep an open mind when dealing with these things. Children don't usually hear (or want to hear) both sides. I'm not saying it's right dad leaving mom. I'm just saying choices were made and made for a reason. It's something between mom and dad and personally I think the kids should just accept it and not take sides.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:29 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• My dad did not leave for another women he kicked us out b/c he didn't want to be a dad anymore. I've moved on and we are ok now. He got remarried and had another daughter unfortunately he did it to them too.
    lovemybaby283

Answer by lovemybaby283 at 4:33 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• I also just want to say that he told me him he left b/c he didn't want to be a dad. I too was angry and I know that my life would be hell if I had not gotten closure. It was hard but even though he did what he did I am happy because I am a stronger person for it. I am sorry he did this to his other daughter, but these are the choices he makes and I have no control over him. I agree with lisa and mckenzie you should get closure and at least hear his reasons. Even if they are hurtful and mean it is best to hear it from the horses mouth. Trust me you'll want all your questions answered now b/c once he is gone you'll always want to know why.
    lovemybaby283

Answer by lovemybaby283 at 4:41 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• My parents divorced after 3 years of marriage. He married her so called bf(my ma was 29, he was 23 and the whore was 19). A few yrs later my ma got a letter of appology from the lil girl; he had left her and married her sister! I have on occasion attempted contact with the low life but he always changed the number after a lil while!!! I have instilled in my daughters not to have baby daddy's(or even 1) but a husband and even then things are not guarenteed! Now as for me I'm a basket case( been molested throughout childhood, found grandpa dead at age 10, and now I'm trying to end an abusive relationship). I am not stronger because I didn't have a "daddy" but I was a target for predators, it like they can sense who has "flaws and weaknesses". Every body is different but regaurdless we have been blessed!!!
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 5:32 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• My mom caught my dad cheating so she left him then he broke it off with the woman and married another woman whom I hated they had 2 kids together then she found him cheating and left him he remarried in 03 or 04 and they both ended the marriage I both his wives and my and my dads relationship is non-existent

aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 10:06 PM on Apr. 26, 2009