My toddler won't eat any fruit!

I have been trying to get my 14 month old son to eat fruit forever! But if i cut up the fruit and he touches it he won't eat it. If i feed it to him...he won't eat it. He used to eat fruit all the time when he ate baby food! I don't know what to do! Does anyone have any suggestions?

Svarne

Asked by Svarne at 3:52 PM on Apr. 26, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• its probably a phase but offer it to him. Don't cut it up our daughter is 7 months and wont eat anything if she see's us cut it or tear it she likes it whole.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 3:55 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• I'd bet on it being a phase as well. Keep offering. You might try offering it as the first thing when you know he's hungry. You might have more luck. You could also tried dried fruits (preferably those without added sugar) as something different. You never know what will strike a toddler's fancy!
    Anonymous

• Frozen blueberries and frozen peas. My 13 year old still loves to eat frozen blueberries (warning, they can cause green bowel movements).

Answer by rkoloms at 4:34 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• try something less acid like banana or steamed apple ( safer for 14 months)
    yoshiki56

Answer by yoshiki56 at 6:43 PM on Apr. 26, 2009