Is 33 inches tall too short for a almost 3 year old?

My daughter is going to be 3 years old on May 25th. I measured her a few times and she is 33 inches tall. i did it from head to heel.

Is it also normal for kids hair not to grow either? She still has very fine thin hair. its still short, right near her ears. i cant explain it lol. my oldest is 39 inches tall and almost 5 August 24th. When my oldest was almost 3 years old she had long long hair. I understand all kids are different but im trying to figure out why some kids hair dont grow long. Like i feel if you get taller and older your should as well. My kid is almost 3 years old and still looks like she just turned 2. Any thoughts? I am going to take her for her yearly check up in may and ask.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:57 PM on Apr. 26, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My nephew will be 5 and is only 37 inches tall. All kids slow down on growing and then shoot up and as for her hair it will grow when it wants. Speak to her doctor but she sounds fine to me.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 3:59 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• According to the growth charts, 33inches is on the small side, but I wouldn't worry.
    Here's the link:
    http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nhanes/growthcharts/set1/chart05.pdf
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 4:02 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• my daughter is 9 months old and 32 inches long adn 24 lbs but she is big for age so idk exactly. try looking on google and finding an age to length chart.
    Anonymous

• It could just be a phase. Maybe here in a few months she'll grow 6 inchess! haha you never know! My son is 14months and is 34 inches tall(that was at his 1yr checkup) So it just depends could be genes.
    Svarne

Answer by Svarne at 4:03 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• You sent me a boy chart lol. i have two daughters.
    Anonymous

• lol, oops
    http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nhanes/growthcharts/set1/chart06.pdf

there's the girl one!
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 4:10 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Thanks!
    Anonymous

• It depends on her growth curve. If she's following her curve, it's all good!

My 5 year old is 44 inches and 44lbs. My 3 year old is 40 inches and 35lbs (size of an average 4 year old). My 2 year old is about 34 inches and 29lbs. But they're all following their own growth curve...
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 6:19 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• My son is two and is the same size as his cousin who just turned 5. I couldnt believe that they were the same height. All children grow at their own pace. I think thats fine for a 3 year old.
    beingamomrocks1

Answer by beingamomrocks1 at 6:21 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• They have their own grow rate. I won't worry about it if they appears mentally and physically keeping up with the others.
    yoshiki56

Answer by yoshiki56 at 6:41 PM on Apr. 26, 2009