Why is my husband this way?

When it comes to friends his mom or even neighbors he'lldo things for them.But when it comes to me wanting things done .HE'S TOO TIRED , HE'S GOT NO MONEY, OR ACCORDING TO HIM IT DOSEN'T NEED TO BE DONE.sOMEBODY PLEASE ANSWER THIS HONESTLY .i NEED TO KNOW THE TRUTH.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:59 PM on Apr. 26, 2009 in Relationships

• ermm.. Well its just Husbands in general I think. I know lots of them like that. They think that you are capable of everything since you are Super-Mom (Woman) I just put my foot down with mine. And nag the "F" out of him til he does it. Or do it (like take out the trash) and when I walk back in say "Thank you dear for taking out the trash like I asked"
    HunnysFarAway

Answer by HunnysFarAway at 5:25 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• YOU HAVE TAUGHT HIM HOW TO TREAT YOU. Demand you get respect. You have let him get away with it and he knows he can. So if he goes to help the neighbors call over and ask for him to do something for you when he is done that way your the neighbor or ask them to ask him so he is put on the spot. Stand up for yourself and don't let him walk all over you and ignore your needs.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 4:01 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• I wouldn't put him on the spot, but that's just me. I know all men aren't the same but for the most part I just do it myself if I need it done. If it's a job too big for me, I start it with him here and he'll come help me and then take it over.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 4:13 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Hmm have you sat him down and talked to him? Let him know it hurts you that he will help everyone else but when you need him he is full of excuses and won't help? Maybe next time he want you to do something for him you start in with "I'm tired", "I dont feel like it"-- maybe if he is on the recieving end it will sink in. I hope you get it figured out, and that he will start helping you!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 4:14 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• I'm guessing he thinks you are a strong woman and capable of doing it yourself. Men normally help women they think need them to help not just want them to do something for them

Answer by admckenzie at 4:25 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• I go through it too!!! Except its his other baby mama and he family. He won't take our kids to the doctors but he'll take theirs to the doctor. He doesn't see it that way but that's how it looks to me! I believe he's still involved and he denies to no avail. He uses their family car and he talks to her more times a day than he does me in a week, and I can count on him to disappoint me but I could never count on him to be there for me! I am realizing how stupid I have been!!!! If he can't respect you or your needs let it go, I am right now!!!!
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 5:44 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Basically, it's because he's a man. Their mothers will always come first no matter what.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 8:39 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• This has got nothing to do with you teaching him how to treat you. This has got everything to do with his priority's and apparently you rank lower than his mother and neighbors. It's got everything to do with ego. He's inflating his ego, making everyone think he's this great guy but in reality he prefers the praise rather than doing the real work. It's got everything to do with him being a lazy bastard.

Talk to him, his mother and anyone else who he helps. Ask them for advice. This will cut out the praise factor and may force him to see what he's doing. You can't change him. He has to want to change himself for any change to occur. You need to decide it's worth staying and putting up with and being a stronger and more independent woman. If you want things done, you may have to do yourself.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 10:57 AM on Apr. 27, 2009