What are the best things that your faith,religion,or lack of ...

have taught you about life,yourself,and God?(God's and Goddesses included.) Unfortunately unless we share your personal beliefs we cannot fully know the good that comes from the variety of paths out there. Instead of leaving us in the dark to assume the worse.Will you be kind enough to share what good comes from your choice?Please don't be mean this is supposed to bring to light the Good that your choice has in it's belief system. So represent your choice the best you can and share what it is that had helped you make the choice you have. Bless you all. Also thank you.Please NO bashing of any sort.

mo2a27

Asked by mo2a27 at 4:11 PM on Apr. 26, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

Level 1 (-6 Credits)
  • i try to anwer your question for some reason its so hard i cant think my mind went BLANK
    rubipresiosa

Answer by rubipresiosa at 4:14 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Dropping all religious stigma and limitations has helped me recognize and feel in touch with the Divine within myself, and see that it is that inner divinity/energy which connects us all.

Anonymous

• I have listened and learned from so many people of all walks of life. I have learned that there are as many faiths as there are individuals, that no 2 people have exactly the same belief or vision. Also , in being open minded, I have learned that compassion and understanding are stronger than hate and fear. I do not think people should or will ever agree to be exactly alike and that diversity is what makes life so fascinating.
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 4:19 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• I feel free. I feel like like a grown up who now has the ability to make my own choice, free of dogma, free of fear and stress and guilt.

I can be me and if I screw up I dont have overwhelming guilt, I just think "ok what have I learned" and I go on and do better.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 4:25 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• He gives me JOY that's unspeakable! AND I LIKE IT and I LIKE IT YEAH!!! He carried the Cross and took my shame.
    Aprilmorgans

Answer by Aprilmorgans at 4:28 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Thank you all for answering! Have a great day! GB
    mo2a27

Answer by mo2a27 at 4:36 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• I enjoy the independent mindset. My life appear very Christian like in mannerism (outside of praying and going to church). So I don't feel that I'm contributing any rift in social harmony. The personal benefit, I feel that my life has gotten much better since I left the blindness of religion by basing the consequence of my actions toward life as it currently stands.

Good things only happen to me when I create them through action, not through belief through prayer. I don't believe in prayer.
    BlueSaphire

Answer by BlueSaphire at 4:43 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• I have learned to stand on my own two feet and face what comes and I also live my life to please myself and my family. There are enough things in life to worry about without the added stress of wondering if every little decision is against the "rules" or not.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 4:45 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• I think my choosing to become one of Jehovah's Witnesses was based on my need to understand God's word rather then just being caught up in a moment of feeling, I studied over 9 month to gain the understanding of things like loving God doesn't come from fear of being Eternally tortured in Hell because God being a God of Justice knows tormenting imperfect humans forever is not a just act. I guess I look at my studying as when Jesus said to keep asking and to keep knocking, to grow Spiritually meaning taking in Spiritual food on a regular basis.
    lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 5:00 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• I know that I am never alone in any situation that comes to me. I know my God wasn't surprised by anything and that whatever I go through I will come out better for it. For all things come together for good for those who love the Lord. I have an unconditional love from a Father who knows all my faults, yet His love never changes. With His love I can love those I come in contact with and understand if they aren't receptive to a pure love that can only can come from following Christ that they have a need for Him and I pray they could have a one on one relationship with the living Christ, my Lord, my Love, my Redeemer.

Vivian63

Answer by Vivian63 at 5:06 PM on Apr. 26, 2009