pain in the lower extremities?

The past couple days I've been having some serious pain issues, and I don't know exactly what it is or what it is caused by :(.For instance the other night my s/o and i were getting dinner ready (BBQ) I had to come inside and sit on the toilet..I was getting really intense pains in my lower half..from my stomach down to my thighs pretty much, but it seemed to be mostly in the back??! like there was immense pressure/tightening in my stomach/hips/vag/ lower back and butt..almost like i had to take a REALLY big poop, it hurt SO bad, then it went away, it came back a few times that night off and on.Then last night I was laying down and OMG I can't even describe it, I was getting intense tightening/pain in my stomach/hips/vag again and it came and went for about an hour..it hurt so bad at times it damn near brought tears to my eyes. what is this? just BH, or what? ..cont...

AshleyRoseG

Asked by AshleyRoseG at 4:18 PM on Apr. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• MY last u/s was on Friday and it was to check placental localization, and it seemed like the tech was concentrating pretty low ( like just above my pubic bone), does this mean it did not come up??
    Also when he showed me my baby girl, her head was DOWN and she sitting low.
    P.S I'm 30 weeks
    AshleyRoseG

Answer by AshleyRoseG at 4:28 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• B&H generally don't hurt all that much and will subside if you get up and move around. Regular contractions do hurt and will increase with movement. It's possible that you were having some contractions. Also, it could be your hips seperating to get ready for the baby to be born. If it persists, I'd definitly call the dr.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 4:30 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Could be Braxton Hicks.

Could be nerve damage. Pregnancies have a way of kinking things up in the back and putting pressure on nerves which will effect anything below that point.

If it keeps up & everything looks good OB-wise, I'd recommend a chiropractor & massage therapist.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 4:36 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Sounds like the baby is dropping into position(the head is preparing to enter the pubic area for birth, causes pelvic bones to oen if you will to make room for the head to descend) and it also seems as though you went through the onset of labor! Good luck and God bless you and your little one.
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 5:06 PM on Apr. 26, 2009