2nd Section Question

I'm headed for my 2nd section. (I cannot do VBAC, I don't feel like explaining so please don't suggest it) I had an AWFUL time with my first and was wondering if the 2nd is typically easier? I've heard it go both ways, so thought I'd ask and get a few more opinions.
Thanks!

AndrisMom

Asked by AndrisMom at 4:34 PM on Apr. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I don't know if this will help but I had my first c-section with the twins(who are now 2 & 3/4), and was scared! The doctors who gave me the c-section were nice and professional. My sister had to have her first baby delivered by c-section and she SUFFERED, hence my fear! She couldn't walk or bathe alone she needed help to do these things. Anyways I chose not to have a blood transfusion if it was needed(fluids can help rebuild the blood) and understood the risk I was taking by refusing blood. When you refuse blood transfusion they are more cautious and caterize all cuts(know tech term but not spelling) made durring the procedure. Anyways I was able to get up and walk comfortably but about 85% pain free. The next day I was climbing in and out of the tub easily and climbing stairs!!!! I hope this was helpful!? I have learned and respect that no 2 responses to surgery are the same! But this was my exprience and wanted to share wu
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 4:51 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• #2 was a little easier because it was scheduled and everything went like clockwork, but the pain after is the same. You are still sore and still need pain meds for about 5-7 days.Stairs and getting into vehicles is still hard and lifting younger kids, but in my opinion #2 was better because I was prepared.....#1 was after 40 hours of labor w/o epidural and forceps attempted, but failed then the dr. decided on a c-section, come to find out my son was 9lbs. 11 oz. and I have celphophalic disporportion (sp) meaning a flat pelvis. So all my other babies were scheduled c-sections if any bashers are curious.
    Kimx3babies

Answer by Kimx3babies at 5:03 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• ya the second was much easier and i can also remember everything that happened and they actually were able to bring my son over so i could see him. i actually almost fell asleep i was so relaxed and i recovered faster.
    kd2kds

Answer by kd2kds at 8:05 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• My two c-sections seemed to be about the same. My first was emergency but only after a couple hours of labor. My second was scheduled because I too couldn't have a VBAC. I was so scared at the time of the first but calmer with the second, although still nervous. Both of my recoveries were pretty easy and quick. I was lucky to have a ton of help. Take advantage of all the help you can get. Especially for Andri.
    Since we will be neighbors I can help with her! We can go to the park while you sleep.
    momof18tozero

Answer by momof18tozero at 8:43 AM on Apr. 27, 2009