Can animals commit suicide?

Do you think a dog can be so depressed with his lack of rawhides and pupperoni treats that he runs out into traffic and kills himself?

IhartU

Asked by IhartU at 4:44 PM on Apr. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i had an owl commit suicide by flying into my windshield! im not kidding...
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 4:45 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• OMG! Were you scared? That must have been a shock.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 4:46 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• I've heard that animals get depressed, and whales beach themselves, but suicide? hmmmmm...
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 4:47 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• yes i was very scared...it was late at night and i was traveling with my husband and 2 year old through louisiana trying to get home in arkansas and the damn thing jumped into my windshield!

by the way-i hate you lmao
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 4:47 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Yeah! Someone hates me!
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 4:48 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• I don't know it would be suicide but I have had a cat literally stare at my car for like 10 seconds and then run in front of it at the point where I had no time to stop. Unfortunately I killed him but to this day I swear it made its mind up to die.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 5:02 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• I heard of animals getting depressed/lonely, I don't think it would be considered suicide in animal. Research it I guess.
    IRA871

Answer by IRA871 at 5:13 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• I don't know but one time I was driving my kids to school and right in the middle of the street was this white cat slinking across the road ever so slowly while looking our way. It looked like it was daring me to run it over, which I did not, by the way. What a stupid cat!
    zboys

Answer by zboys at 6:51 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• No they just quit eating and lay around and die. Sometimes when a loved animal or human dies, it aint long til the other goes.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 7:12 PM on Apr. 26, 2009