Anyone have experience with this?

I've been having some health issues (missed cycles, trouble losing weight despite a healthy lifestyle, increase in facial hair) and upon Googling all my symptoms, Polycystic Ovary Syndrom (PCOS) recurringly shows up. I'm going to call my doctor tomorrow and set up an appointment to be seen, but I'm just curious if any of you wonderful ladies have any experience with PCOS. I found that it's quite common (1 in 15 women have it per WebMD) which surprised me. Thanks ladies!

beadingmom17

Asked by beadingmom17 at 5:01 PM on Apr. 26, 2009 in Health

• There are many medications used to control PCOS and some of them can cause cancers. Thereare also alternative more natural ways of dealing with it. Research Insulin Resistance and the PCOS connection. It's better than those massive doses of hormones.
    Anonymous

• Changing diet can help this quite a bit from what I have been told. Ask your doc about trying to get it to go away without meds.
    HunnysFarAway

Answer by HunnysFarAway at 5:22 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• I have PCOS. It's kind of a pain, but manageable. PM if you have any questions, I'll tell you my story and answer any questions you have. Just don't want to share with the world.
    AnnHenderson

Answer by AnnHenderson at 5:25 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Thanks, ladies, for replying! I did see (gotta love WebMD, right?) that many times it can be controlled with diet and weight management as long as it's caught early enough. I really do want to avoid medications...hell, I mean, I hate doctors in the first place! The thought alone of going to one is terrifying! Anyone else is definitely welcome to respond! Everyone has a different experience with the same thing!
    beadingmom17

Answer by beadingmom17 at 5:35 PM on Apr. 26, 2009