• In the Spotlight:

allergy medication.

my son is almost 3 and weight between 29-31 lbs....

my dr office forgot to turn off the fax so i cant get ahold of them... and his allergies are acting up terribly... he has never had medication for them.. he took bynadryl when he had strep throat but thats all....

the pharmacy says i need advise from the dr.. but he is miserably..

any one know of what i can do?

2cuteboysrmine

Asked by 2cuteboysrmine at 5:07 PM on Apr. 26, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I am not sure of what to tell you to give him over the counter. I would suggest waiting until Monday, calling the doctor and schedle a alergy test session. My son had this testing done when he was barely 2 and omg, he was full of allergies. He is now 6 and its getting worse. NOTHING over the counter helped him.
    SweetKYmom

Answer by SweetKYmom at 5:09 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• claritin has a childs med that is ok for kids that age. maybe give that a shot until you can get ahold of your doc.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 5:13 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• thanks.... but if claritin has a med why didnt the pharmacy tell me?? urgggg...

his brother has a appt friday and im gonna see if they can see him then as well....

with one car and baby sitting 2 kids its hard!!!

thanks
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 5:15 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• i don't know they may not want to suggest anything b/c of how things are nowadays. my pharmacist won't even tell me how much motrin to give my daughter, they just suggest i call the doctor.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 5:20 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• http://www.claritin.com/
    that is their website and has the info on their meds for children
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 5:21 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• The pharmacy told you to contact your doctor because you're not supposed to give over the counter medications without the advice of a doctor for any child that age these days.

I'm just going to say that I give Claritin to my oldest, but he's 5. I do give Benedryl to my younger two and they are 2 and 3 years of age. I found the correct dosage for their weight on dr. Sear's website.

But that's what I do.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 6:39 PM on Apr. 26, 2009