allergy meds.

my son is almost 3 and weight between 29-31 lbs....

my dr office forgot to turn off the fax so i cant get ahold of them... and his allergies are acting up terribly... he has never had medication for them.. he took bynadryl when he had strep throat but thats all....

the pharmacy says i need advise from the dr.. but he is miserably..

any one know of what i can do?

2cuteboysrmine

Asked by 2cuteboysrmine at 5:08 PM on Apr. 26, 2009 in Kids' Health

• I have used Zyrtec for my six year old son since he has been three years old. It seems to really help him, especially with seasonal allergies. Of course, I am not a doctor, but my son does see an allergist every three months. Hope that this helps.
    dre0914

Answer by dre0914 at 5:25 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• What about the nurses hotline? Does your doctor have an answering service that can provide you with a nurses hotline or an on call doctor to ask?

RMASAdmin

Answer by RMASAdmin at 8:55 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• claritin makes allergy medication for kids ages 2 and older there are chewable tablets and liquid, i give it to my kids ages 5 and 3.
    kd2kds

Answer by kd2kds at 10:23 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• thanks all.... i ended up jsut giving him benadryl... he was allowed to take it for his strep a month ago.. but it didnt help very well.... his doc does have a 24/7 help line but the fax kept picking up... which sucked!!!

im calling them this mornign to see though!!

thanks
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 11:02 AM on Apr. 27, 2009