Pizza Roll Recipe???

I am looking for a pizza roll recipe that calls for a piece of ham in it. My son absolutely loves the pizza rolls that we can buy from a gas station. They refuse to let us in on the recipe lol

SweetKYmom

Asked by SweetKYmom at 5:11 PM on Apr. 26, 2009 in Food & Drink

• * 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (or use a mixture of cheeses)
    * 6 ounces sliced pepperoni, chopped (can use more) or substitute ham or sausage
    * 1 1/2 cups favorite pizza sauce (or to taste, or try my own Kittencal's Pizza Sauce)
    * 32 egg roll wraps

In a large bowl combine first 2 ingredients. Stir in the pizza sauce. Place even amounts of filling in the center of each eggroll wrapper. Fold bottom corner over the filling, then fold sides towards center of the filling. Moisten the remaining corner with warm water and roll up tightly to seal. In an electric skillet using 1-inch of oil heat oil to 375°F, fry the pizza rolls for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towel. Serve with additional pizza sauce.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 8:51 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Like a stromboli? You can use your favorite pizza dough recipe (contact me directly if you need one), roll it out, cut into rectangles, spread your ingredients, roll, seal the edges, bake (375 for 30 minutes?) on a greased (and floured?) cookie sheet until golden and smell really good.

Answer by rkoloms at 1:42 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• awesome! Thanks you two!
    SweetKYmom

Answer by SweetKYmom at 2:16 PM on Apr. 27, 2009