Can you hold a four month old too much? My dH seems to that I am and I think he's fine

Noah is four months old and is teething and wants to be held alot. My DH seems to think I hold him 24/7 which isn't true. He also says that I am with him more than I am with Josh Duh Noah is four months babies are demanding and now he wants to have another one? I don't think so.

angeljosh

Asked by angeljosh at 6:28 PM on Jun. 20, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Where do people get the idea that you can "spoil" a child under 1 year. They need as much attention as we can give them so they can feel loved and connected to us. I held all my little ones and would not allow them to cry too long because they are learning to trust that they are important whne they are small. They cry because they wantand need us to comfort them. Would you want to be ignored if you couldn't talk, but when you cried noone payed any attention. A baby depends on us for everything. hold your little one as much as you want, but pay attention to your older son as well. I have 5 sons and I know that the new little ones need a lot of attention, but you have to make special time for the older ones and show them they are just as much loved.
    makeitlast4ever

Answer by makeitlast4ever at 7:06 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• no you can't hold your baby too much, i got this too from everyone... it's such crap. pardon my swear!
    katiesmom123

Answer by katiesmom123 at 6:59 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Please, please go to the Empathic Parenting website and read about closely spaced children. Before the age of 4, you can break a toddler's heart when a new baby arrives in the family. I choke up when I think of my sweet oldest one's sadness and feeling lost when his intensely-loved mother had a new focus for her attention. Perhaps the question is not only is it possible to hold Noah too much but also is it possible to hold Josh too much. The answer is NO. And if Josh is 4 or younger, you might want to have your husband hold the baby so that Josh can get more sparkling affection in your arms. Empathic Parenting’s information is very grounded and well-balanced, and very clear about the critical importance of mothering, etc. Don’t be pressured into being LESS caring for your children.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 7:03 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Dont listen to anyone who says anything about too much holding logically do you think you can love your baby too much thats what holding your baby is for them its comforting try to include your other son but hold your baby as much as you can because soon everything else will be way more interesting
    vidasmama

Answer by vidasmama at 7:17 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• You cant hold them too much, every pediatrican and mom I have met say the same thing, you can't hold them too much (my dd is 5 and 1/2 months and I can't keep her still to hold her half the time!) enjoy it while it lasts!!!!
    jabakasupergirl

Answer by jabakasupergirl at 9:23 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• not spoiled untill after 6mo but there should be limits for your mental & energy but to Begin to learn for baby good luck bet u r fine
    ouromnifamily

Answer by ouromnifamily at 1:55 AM on Jun. 21, 2008

• no you hold your baby all u want if josh is your husband tell him not to be jealous over a 4 month old that he helped create.babaies need that comfort and attention my son sits in his bouncer probably a complete 2 hrs through out the whole day the rest is holding time yeah it sucks for us its not like we dont wanna devote time to out husbands but thats what happens when babies come in the picture.my husband also wants another baby and he also complains i hold my son to much.i told him when he psuhes out a watermelon out of the whole of his pee pee then he can tell me what to do with my son.lol harsh but true.
    ShYmAmA08

Answer by ShYmAmA08 at 10:05 PM on Jun. 21, 2008