when you straighten your hair, what kind of product do you use so it doesnt fry or dry out your hair?

jbirchard

Asked by jbirchard at 5:24 PM on Apr. 26, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• chi silk infusion______ AHHHHHHHHHHHHMAZING! you can find it at target. i have never had my hair so smooth and straight on my own. you know how when your stylist always gets it straighter and smooother than you can? this has the same effect.
    abelsmama07

Answer by abelsmama07 at 9:54 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Dove has this heat spray you put on towel dried hair before you blow dry and straighten. Its a red bottle and costs about $4 and I really love it and it keep the fly-aways down and my hair soft
    Kimx3babies

Answer by Kimx3babies at 5:27 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• The Maxi-glide electric straightener. It is amazing. Costs about $80. Uses steam to straighten your hair. It takes my daughter's kinky curls to pin straight very quickly. We've had it two years and it hasn't damaged her hair. It isn't a chemical...but it works.
    Anonymous

• i dont use anything on my hair, because all the ones ive tried leave my hair so gross, greasy and sticky.
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 5:46 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• I'm with PP
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 5:50 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• I don't use anything. Just extra conditioner, and I leave it in for about three or four mins. It helps with the dryness for me. Everything else makes my hair look greasy and gross!!! =]
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 6:00 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• I use Alberto VO5 Detangle & Shine Restoring Daily Leave-in Conditioner. It smells good, sprays very fine mist. Everything else I have tried weighs my hair down and looks oily. This stuff does not. It's only $4 at Walgreens.
    yldflwr

Answer by yldflwr at 9:50 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• I use infusium for tangles, Paul Mitchell super skinny serum and CHI 44 iron guard for thermal protection. My straightener is not fancy or expensive, I clean it with some cheap iron cleaner. My hair is awesome! I think it would all depend on your hair type, mine is thick and a little wavy with fly-aways, so the skinny serum is a life saver.

coutterhill

Answer by coutterhill at 2:37 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• i wash my hair and condition it in the shower... then i put leave in conditioner&& chi silk infusion.... then i blow try it.. without a brush besides my bangs and top.. then run my straightner thru it.. its a chi.. its like 120.. but honestly it will last for a lont time!
    staceybelly9

Answer by staceybelly9 at 3:33 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I have thick coarse hair. After washing, rinsing conditioning I use Silk spray for heat treated hair. I holds the body of my hair. I then do the flat iron press with ultra press oil. It last until my next hair wash.
    april7

Answer by april7 at 2:09 PM on Apr. 27, 2009