Bloated belly?

My son is 5 months old and is getting chubby. I noticed a lot of times especially after he eats that his belly looks big and bloated, a little hard. Is this normal, or is it something I should contact the doc about?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:42 PM on Apr. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Normal! Don't contact the doctor unless he gets constipated.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:10 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Does he have an diarreha or cries in pain? If he does then u should contact ur doctor it could be crohns, Ulcerities, etc better safe then sorry!!
    CubanFIre

Answer by CubanFIre at 8:05 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Honestly you have to look at yourself and your SO. If you're overweight or chubby your son might just have your body type. My son is a little chubba wubba LOL, but he also has my body shape. He also gets a big ol' belly after eating, but its just because he's full and might need to poop or pass gas. If it's hard, it most likely means he needs to poop.
    KareemsMami

Answer by KareemsMami at 9:59 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• It sounds like gas, he will let u know if its more!!
    nikalotta20

Answer by nikalotta20 at 10:48 PM on Apr. 26, 2009