Was I wrong for calling the police?

Friday night I found out my jerk of a man went to s stripclub and came home drunk. I've been having arguments with him since. Today it got bad and I broke his phone, then he pushed me against the door and gave me bruises on my arm. I was so pissed so I called the cops and they removed him from the house (he can come back tomorrow though). He's PISSED, did I go too far?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:46 PM on Apr. 26, 2009 in Relationships

• No you didn't, he put his hands on you in a violent way, that's unacceptable. Calling the cops was a good idea.
    Anonymous

• i agree but you were wrong too. you broke his phone resulting in it getting physical. personally i think you should have kept your hands to your self too.
    Anonymous

• I agree to a certain degree. Yes, he should not have put his hands on you but at the same time you should have not broken his phone.

Anonymous

• Both of you are wrong, and to be totally honest I think you were wrong for calling the cops too, why....because if you had controled your anger and NOT broke his phone he probably would not of touched you, now if he had full on hit you or just beat the crap out of you for breaking his phone then yeah you should call the cops, but for me anyway just pushing someone doesnt deserve the cops to be called. Look at it this way if he did that to you, you would be pretty pissed too, right? So what makes you think he would have felt any different, besides what did you think he was going to do after you broke his phone?
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 5:57 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Sounds like you are both violent, I wouldnt' have called if I started it like you did.
    Anonymous

• no. i dont think you were wrong. but i DO think it was wrong of you to break his phone. it wasnt your phone. and if you're pregnant or your kid/kids were present, i would leave him. or in your case, not let him come back.
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 6:08 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• A man should never put his hands on you. You done the right thing calling them. Maybe he will keep his hands off of you now. And if he really loved you, it would not have taken the cops for him to keep his hands off of you!
    beingamomrocks1

Answer by beingamomrocks1 at 6:11 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• AND I'd like to add that breaking his phone is nothing near putting his hands on a women. He could have taken his aggression out on something of her. But not HER!
    beingamomrocks1

Answer by beingamomrocks1 at 6:12 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• I bet his phone won't piss you off again, huh? what was the point of breaking the man's phone? you destroyed private property. Do you feel like a real woman now? Real grown up...you start it and he goes to jail. yeah that makes sense
    Anonymous

• This is a damned if you damned if you don't, catch 22 senario!!! Yes you should call cops when its violent but not if you started it. You both need to take this time apart to really look at things and decide if this relationship can go any farther. You're testing boundries that should not be tested because once that door opens it never shuts until you BOTH get help!!!! Your angry about the strip club and I'll bet he teased you in some way trying to get a rise; and if so that's what will go on everytime he wants a reaon to hit you. Be wise and take this as a lesson learned and don't push buttons if you want this to work peacfully. I'm not saying walk on egg shells but don't retaliate when he's trying to push you; keep control and walk away, go get a drink play some pool shake it off then go home and try to express yourself less dramatical to him. Learn to live peacfully not physically like that. Love not hits or breaking things
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 6:19 PM on Apr. 26, 2009